Parlor Guitar Help - Yamaha, Alvarez, Fender??

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835

When I was in the market for a parlour guitar I tried loads of them and found Eastman to be the best. I bought the Eastman E20P and it has been brilliant, I had to spend a little bit more than I was planning on but it has been well worth it.

Try one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggy said:

When I was in the market for a parlour guitar I tried loads of them and found Eastman to be the best. I bought the Eastman E20P and it has been brilliant, I had to spend a little bit more than I was planning on but it has been well worth it.

Try one.

They look amazing, but out of my price range :( Cheers Buddy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • At the moment I am edging towards a Faith Naked Mercury. No slotted head stock. But a guy selling one locally for a good price! I'll mull it over :)
    simey83 said:
    At the moment I am edging towards a Faith Naked Mercury. No slotted head stock. But a guy selling one locally for a good price! I'll mull it over :)

Faith are really nice guitars.
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    simey83 said:
    At the moment I am edging towards a Faith Naked Mercury. No slotted head stock. But a guy selling one locally for a good price! I'll mull it over :)
    I also had a Faith Mercury - the left-handed version of the Eclipse model with the "scoop". It was a very nice guitar but also a narrow nut width (43mm) and, like many other parlours, a short 610mm scale length. Lovely build and tone. If you can live with the narrow nut then it isn't a bad bet at all.
  • shufflebeatshufflebeat Frets: 105
    edited February 2020
    I went out to buy a Dreadnought last year, no intention whatsoever of even looking at anything else. In an idle moment I picked up a Takamine ef407 for a right handed noodle (I'm a southpaw) and if they'd had a left handed version (there isn't one) I would have bought it on the spot. Absolutely gorgeous little guitar.

I even considered buying a right handed version as I'm a bit funny that way.
  • simey83simey83 Frets: 13
    edited February 2020
    Hi Guys,
    I wanted to thank each and everyone one of you for your time and help. It has been a great insightful search. I am now the new owner of a lovely Faith Mercury   Bought locally and basically brand new!! I have to say it really is a stunning machine. I look forward to living with it for the foreseeable future!! 

Thanks again guys, I’m chuffed!!
    Simon
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5412
    Excellent choice. Faith guitars punch way above their weight. Congrats!
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    It looks a lovely guitar. The Naked series Faiths have that lovely wilder, more complex tone. Enjoy it!
    Well done.
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 368
    Nice guitars these parlor Faiths. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6690
    Kilgore said:
    Might be worth having a look at the Art and Lutherie (Godin, Seagull) Roadhouse parlour. Not all solid, but the back and sides are a three layer cherry.

I have the electro acoustic version of this for sale in the classifieds for cheap. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • WarblingtonWarblington Frets: 109
    I love a thread with a happy ending.