Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 2016 Private Stock PRS McCarty 594

What's Hot
GrampaGrampa Frets: 938
edited March 2020 in Guitars £
1. I'm not a dentist
2. The 594 is not a case queen

Considering selling my 2016 Private Stock McCarty 594 as tend to gravitate more towards my MEQ these days.

Totally original in very good condition with home use only.

Featured on PRS Periscope Video 6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ3fjTU5uWk

£3500 firm, no offers, no trades.

Inspection welcome.

Collection only from Somerset

My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Awesome spec and price - possibly the cheapest PS I’ve seen?!?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 938
    @guitargeek62 - Thank you  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Eric_CEric_C Frets: 52
    Lovely guitar 
  • Very cheap, lovely guitar, someone needs to buy this quick. 
  • Holy shilbottle!
    I am 594 shopping but collection rules me out.
    GLWTS
  • I hate green guitars.
    I don’t really like PRSs.
    I don’t like bling.

But that is farkin amazing - want!!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • I’ve sold my Marshall amp today, sold the B&G this week and my Starcaster too and I’m about to sell a Telebration Cabronita Tele.  That means £2.5k off my credit card bill which was the plan or £2.5k towards this (fairly local) hottie.  Hmmmmmmmm, what to do ........

PM ‘d !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Hi Con, replied.

Many thanks for all the positive comments from all.
  • Sadly this has found its way into the grubby little hands of the "Squealing Pig" profiteers at 2x the price it was here.  A "business" whose only purpose is to needlessly gouge money out of people - it's of benefit or use to the music community.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    edited September 2021
    danny_777 said:
    Sadly this has found its way into the grubby little hands of the "Squealing Pig" profiteers at 2x the price it was here.  A "business" whose only purpose is to needlessly gouge money out of people - it's of benefit or use to the music community.
    Unless I’m looking at the wrong one , that’s not this guitar
  • danny_777 said:
    Sadly this has found its way into the grubby little hands of the "Squealing Pig" profiteers at 2x the price it was here.  A "business" whose only purpose is to needlessly gouge money out of people - it's of benefit or use to the music community.
    It is the same. Not sure why we need to know though…
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • danny_777 said:
    It is the same. Not sure why we need to know though…
    Ah maybe I’m looking at the wrong one . The closest thing I can see on their site is the one below and that’s not the same guitar (unless I’m going mad).

I like to know personally as if I sell a guitar on here at below market value (like Grampa did to me) then I want to make sure it’s not being bought just to sell on to make money . We’ve been through this a million times though and we all have different opinions

• imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3723
    edited September 2021

My band, Red For Dissent
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    edited September 2021
    That’s the guitar all right .

I sold it on here quite a while back as I was scared to take it out of the house and couldn’t afford to keep it as a house cat.

The guy I sold it to drove down from Scotland to meet me south of Bristol and he brought his mrs along for the day. Funnily enough she was way less excited about it than he was.

I had a lot of interest from dealers on here (bedroom and otherwise) at the time but went with him as he seemed like an enthusiast .  Oh well , he wasn’t a regular and maybe his circumstances have changed 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2021
    Yup, that's my old PRS. Easily worth what I paid for it, what Con paid me for it, and what the guy paid Con for it....But sure as Hell not worth the thick end of seven grand. Now, if it had a solid Rosewood neck....

I've now learned my lesson, expensive gear doesn't make me a better player, practice does!
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    I'm really sorry that guitar went to Squealing Pigs. Loads of us on here would have bought it.
    Price wise, it's toppy but not excessive at £6,800 in my view. I've seen one of the first 26 original run sell for £10k secondhand and I was offered £6k part-ex on a private stock before I sensibly changed my mind and kept it. I think new prices would be 5 figures now, so it's definitely not a bargain, but it's less ridiculous than some of their prices. 
    chris78 said:
    I'm really sorry that guitar went to Squealing Pigs. Loads of us on here would have bought it.
    Price wise, it's toppy but not excessive at £6,800 in my view. I've seen one of the first 26 original run sell for £10k secondhand and I was offered £6k part-ex on a private stock before I sensibly changed my mind and kept it. I think new prices would be 5 figures now, so it's definitely not a bargain, but it's less ridiculous than some of their prices. 
    Have to disagree a wee bit....Have played bog standard core 594's that are just as good as the Private Stock (especially the hollow bodies), but not as pretty, and my sub 3k PRS MEQ was a far superior piece of kit. Now have a PRS SE ZM with a few upgrades as my go to which is probably 80% as good as either the Private Stock or MEQ for the grand total of £800.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    Grampa said:

Have to disagree a wee bit....Have played bog standard core 594's that are just as good as the Private Stock (especially the hollow bodies), but not as pretty, and my sub 3k PRS MEQ was a far superior piece of kit. Now have a PRS SE ZM with a few upgrades as my go to which is probably 80% as good as either the Private Stock or MEQ for the grand total of £800.
    That’s always the case. My road worn tele is 90% of my artisan cs tele at 20% of the price. I still adore the more expensive guitar, but the roadworn can go to a dive bar and I don’t care
  • Grampa said:
    chris78 said:
    @grampa I guess the point is that its ‘value’ won’t ever equate to how well it plays or sounds. As you’ve pointed out, a good PRS SE is a long way towards the standard of any Core or PS. They can only ever get so good but ‘prestige’ factor is high with these. You definitely sold it way cheaper than you could have but you were happy with it so all good.

Now, the rosewood neck argument is something entirely different. Recently got a McCarty Trem with a rosewood neck and it’s as good a guitar as I’ve played (the trem pushes it ahead of the MEQ).

My band, Red For Dissent
  • That’s not a crazy price for a private stock. 3500£ was very, very generous.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom