Price on an ‘85 Gibson ES-335 in red?

It’s got dot inlays, so asking for a friend. So, I presume a Dot? Great condition. Value?
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7015
    edited February 2020 tFB Trader
    Yes it will be a "dot reissue" which were introduced in 1982.

I had an 84 in natural that was a cracking guitar. Wish I hadn't sold it TBH.

No idea of value though sorry.

EDIT: this ones been for sale for about a million years, so less than £2500
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143438689578
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    That would be one of the ‘Shaw era’ 335s, the last under the Norlin ownership of Gibson. They are very good guitars but there are variations so for valuation photos are required. By variations I mean that there was more than one body shape (one not so good) and birch rather than maple was used on some of the 335s. Having the original Shaw PAFs is a bonus.

In the States the 335s of that period, ‘81 - ‘86, fetch good prices, particularly the blonde ones but they don’t command the same figures in the U.K.

Can you post some pics?
  • I’ll see if I can get some pics! Apparently, it’s nearly mint. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    One of the best guitars I ever played was an 85 335.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    These early dot reissues get plenty of love from our American cousins. The first ever 335 I played was a cherry one in about 83-84 which I borrowed to do a couple of numbers with a band on one of the US bases. It was a wonderful instrument that haunted my memory for years. The guy that had it then still has it now and by all accounts it is a keeper!
    As with Gibsons you need to play the actual example yourself tp know for sure, but i see no reason why it shouldn't be a great guitar.