Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Blimey, Caroline Flack is dead at 40.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Suicide seems like the saddest of deaths because it's so avoidable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    Despite being a domestic abuser and dater of teenagers, it's an awful outcome for anyone involved.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Apparently she hung herself. Poor woman. I am not a fan of the world she was in (the perfectionism of Love Island etc) but this just proves that we need to do more to help each other in life. No one should be pushed this far. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    I’m still moved/grieved by all of this. The more I think about it, the more it breaks my heart. RIP Caroline.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    beed84 said:

The more I think about it, the more it breaks my heart.
    Ain’t that the truth...
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/18/world/europe/turkey-syria-idlib.html

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    JezWynd said:
    beed84 said:

Ain’t that the truth...

The existence of worse tragedies does not make this not a tragedy.

I have a feeling the west's unfeeling disregard for the population of Syria would be another thread!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    Bod said:
    equalsql said:
    Never heard of her.
    Then there's nothing to see here, and even less to comment upon.
    Yeah, that was me being a dick and out of order. For some reason I was rather nihalistic when I wrote it down that morning in an anti celebrity-for-the-sake-of-celebrity mood. My bad and apologies to the poor girl and anyone on here who I offended.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    JezWynd said:
    beed84 said:

Ain’t that the truth...

I have a feeling the west's unfeeling disregard for the population of Syria would be another thread!
    Perhaps there would be less unfeeling disregard if the the country's gaze wasn't being firmly directed on the sad passing of one minor celebrity who very many people had never heard of. No amount of tears will bring her back but there are kids dying daily of hypothermia after being left to sleep outdoors in the Syrian winter - these are completely avoidable deaths of children caught up in events not of their making.

The media's naval gazing seems pointless (we know they'll do it again) when there are things happening where they could make a useful intervention. I have a feeling Ms Flack would agree.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    This thread is a tribute to Caroline Flack.

It shouldn’t be grounds to compare her death against unrelated circumstances.

It shouldn’t be used to assume what she may or may not agree with.

It doesn’t matter if she was a minor celebrity or unknown to some. She was human and it’s unfair to belittle her death in any way shape or form.

If anything, we’ve lost one of our own. Yes, nothing can bring her back, but the nature of what she was driven to highlights the fragility of the human condition and the fact that any one of us is subject to suicide as an option when the going gets tough. 

Like I said, I am moved and grieved by this turn of events. RIP Caroline.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    JezWynd said:
    JezWynd said:
    beed84 said:

Ain’t that the truth...

Perhaps there would be less unfeeling disregard if the the country's gaze wasn't being firmly directed on the sad passing of one minor celebrity who very many people had never heard of. No amount of tears will bring her back but there are kids dying daily of hypothermia after being left to sleep outdoors in the Syrian winter - these are completely avoidable deaths of children caught up in events not of their making.

The media's naval gazing seems pointless (we know they'll do it again) when there are things happening where they could make a useful intervention. I have a feeling Ms Flack would agree.
    I think @beed84 nailed a response to that one.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    beed84 said:

It doesn’t matter if she was a minor celebrity or unknown to some. She was human and it’s unfair to belittle her death in any way shape or form.

If anything, we’ve lost one of our own. Yes, nothing can bring her back, but the nature of what she was driven to highlights the fragility of the human condition and the fact that any one of us is subject to suicide as an option when the going gets tough. 

Apologies if I caused offence, that was not my intention. My reaction was to the hypocritical outpourings of the media. This was not the right place to express those feelings, as @darthed1981 said, it should have been another thread. RIP Caroline Flack.
    JezWynd said:
    beed84 said:

Apologies if I caused offence, that was not my intention. My reaction was to the hypocritical outpourings of the media. This was not the right place to express those feelings, as @darthed1981 said, it should have been another thread. RIP Caroline Flack.
     :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    JezWynd said:
    beed84 said:

Never apologise for causing offence, for it (offence) is only ever taken and not given. 

That said, who's to say where any particular thread should end up? Be off with you if you want to control the internet.

Caroline doesn't give a shit anymore where this thread goes. Offended? Good. Next!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My aim was never to control the internet, but rather to promote some level of decorum.