Jump "video"

What's Hot
thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
edited February 2020 in Plug My Stuff
Took a break from learning acoustic songs and decided to get my electric out and do a "video" - I say "video" because I didn't actually film myself. I just put pictures up to the music #lazy. lol

Anyway here you go. Almost embarrassing putting this up as I've watched some folks' videos on here lately that are really astounding!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Y0xP3j4Yo&feature=youtu.be

Re-recorded it but with actual video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU_O181f6ZE&feature=youtu.be
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice one Tommy, nailed it! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks - how are you doing these days @Panama_Jack666 ?? :)

• Thanks - how are you doing these days @Panama_Jack666 ?? :)

I'm alright thanks mate! Busy as ever with gigs and stuff!

I hope you're alright mate! 

I've been more active on the other FB than here recently :(
  • Is the other FB Facebook? 
    I'm just getting back into guitar proper. Glad to hear you're busy with the gigs - got any new media?
  • vizviz Frets: 10647
    That's so good! Much better than mine - mine sounds rushed even though it's the same speed - how do you get the run to be so relaxed?!

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Haha brilliant stuff @viz - what other songs does your band do? 

I always found this one difficult in terms of timing and feel - Van Halen's natural timing is actually stunning. Strangely I thought the key was to almost play behind the beat / relaxed. Too easy to try and rush that one!
  • Is the other FB Facebook? 
    I'm just getting back into guitar proper. Glad to hear you're busy with the gigs - got any new media?
    Yeah, I'm on there as Jack Allen if you want to track me down on there! I pretty much keep it exclusive to guitar stuff! 

I've been uploading weekly. I'm nowhere near yours and Viz's standard of playing! I need one of you to teach me jump!

edited February 2020

Haha brilliant stuff @viz - what other songs does your band do? 

I always found this one difficult in terms of timing and feel - Van Halen's natural timing is actually stunning. Strangely I thought the key was to almost play behind the beat / relaxed. Too easy to try and rush that one!

We just do whatever the event wants us to - never the same thing twice! Agreed re pace.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • @Panama_Jack666 - subscribed! 
    That's a great video, well done!! 
    What hear do you use to record electric and acoustic videos? That fender sounds great, as does the Les Paul in your darkness cover. The Auren acoustic also sounds great - that's a lot of great videos! 

@viz you must know quite a lot of songs to be able to do whatever a venue wants!

@viz you must know quite a lot of songs to be able to do whatever a venue wants!

Ah I knew there was something good about being 50!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Panama_Jack666 - subscribed! 
    That's a great video, well done!! 
    What hear do you use to record electric and acoustic videos? That fender sounds great, as does the Les Paul in your darkness cover. The Auren acoustic also sounds great - that's a lot of great videos! 

Cheers mate! I appreciate it!

The sound thing is interesting because I've been experimenting. At the moment, I'm just DI'ing from a Fender Mustang and I've been blending that with the audio from the camera mic. It tends to capture the sound pretty well! However, I'm toying with the idea of mic'ing up the amps... it's just a shame they need turning up to sound good! 

The acoustic audio is just the sound the camera picked up. It's an entry level Canon (Canon SL2). 
  • Why is there not one simple solution...!! :)

That's damn good for entry level. 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    edited February 2020
    Decided to do an actual VIDEO of this (put in first post) lol