Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's Hot
gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
edited July 2020 in Guitar
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Yes he's a bit of a douche who has been discussed here muchly.

He also sells used gear as new, for instance this: LINK

Then have a read of the blurb:
    We have two BRAND NEW Warm Audio WA-2A Teletronix LA2A style compressor units for sale! These new units came to us straight from the UK Distribution warehouse and are ready for their first homes! We wanted to be a Warm Audio dealer because we believe strongly in the brand and use two of these very same units in our world class recording studio...just look in our rack in the last picture! The Warm Audio WA-2A is regarded in many circles as the one of the best Teletronix style clones on the market. The units and packaging may have minor marks from warehouse storage and being opened for photos and testing, but they are all new units sold under warranty. 
    These new Warm Audio units are part of our premium gear collection at Essex Recording Studios! Follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram!
    International buyers are welcome! We ship to any country! 
    YOUR PURCHASE HELPS MUSICIANS! Buying from us directly helps support unsigned musicians and bands that struggle to produce professional music without the support of major labels these days. Thank you for your support!
    He isn't listed as a dealer for Warm Audio for their website.
    These aren't new- they are used, being sold as though they are new with a warranty.
    Who is the warranty provided by?
    It stinks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    edited February 2020
    Ignore - low ballers are everywhere including here I might add - they play a numbers game (generally low ones :) ). There are plenty of twats in the world so I find the best way to deal with them is to just ignore them and don't get dragged down or revved up

This twat obviously ups the ante in terms of (four letter word starting with c)'s.

Si
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    I don't have a problem ,as such, with bedroom dealers ,kitchen dealers, sitting room dealers or big showrooms for that matter .
    They are just a fact of life and I have no problem with anybody buying and selling something for a profit - that's what makes the  business world go round .
    You would be very surprised to see what your electricity supplier pays for it . Same principal .
     However ,the ridiculous low ball offer ,invariably refused and then followed-up with various swearing and abuse is just a nuisance . If you can't hack them then just ignore them .
    Home car traders , motorcycle traders etc are just the same ......You will often find that the VW main dealer ,for example, will make an insult of an offer on your part exchange because it's relatively high mileage .........and then they trade it for profit to a "driveway" dealer or backstreet forecourt .
     The difference is that they seem to get away with it more often because they have a shinier suit ,more gel in their hair and the backdrop of a big corporate forecourt/showroom with a "service managers desk " , receptionist etc .
    Same thing but just a more polished way of kicking you in the bollocks .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Dominic said:
    I don't have a problem ,as such, with bedroom dealers ,kitchen dealers, sitting room dealers or big showrooms for that matter .
    They are just a fact of life and I have no problem with anybody buying and selling something for a profit - that's what makes the  business world go round .
    You would be very surprised to see what your electricity supplier pays for it . Same principal .
     However ,the ridiculous low ball offer ,invariably refused and then followed-up with various swearing and abuse is just a nuisance . If you can't hack them then just ignore them .
    Home car traders , motorcycle traders etc are just the same ......You will often find that the VW main dealer ,for example, will make an insult of an offer on your part exchange because it's relatively high mileage .........and then they trade it for profit to a "driveway" dealer or backstreet forecourt .
     The difference is that they seem to get away with it more often because they have a shinier suit ,more gel in their hair and the backdrop of a big corporate forecourt/showroom with a "service managers desk " , receptionist etc .
    Same thing but just a more polished way of kicking you in the bollocks .

I agree. I was selling some stuff recently through gumtree (guitars & an amp), & had a seriously low offer for the amp I was selling. I politely told the potential buyer I couldn't possibly go that low & gave him a best price, to which he responded with an apology for the lowball offer. I said to him you needn't apologise, we all wanna save a bit of money when we can. Who knows, maybe it'll work sometime.

I don't intentionally try to lowball people when making offers, & I'm willing to pay what's being asked without negotiation if its a fair price being asked, but I really don't want to lose too much money flipping gear nowadays, as I've been way too guilty of that in the past.

(PS, the bid on that Gibson is still ridiculous)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5419
    I love it when I sell something and then like a year or two later I see one of the bedroom dealers has listed it somewhere... (ie, they didn't buy it from me but maybe from the person I sold it to...) - and it's usually even funnier when another year after that it's still there... has happened a couple times now.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    edited February 2020
    If interest rates ever went back up to 12% or similar, I wonder if these bedroom dealers would be prepared to sit on their inventory for one year, two years etc like they do now. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    Essex guitar cunt snapped up a 1978 LP custom up for under £2k months ago. He wants £5k for it now and funnily enough he hasn’t sold it...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BeyondSanctorumBeyondSanctorum Frets: 24
    edited February 2020
    I hate these lowballers. I recently sold a limited edition strat for £950 on Ebay. Someone sent me a message early in the listing saying they would give me £250 if I took it down.

@Iamnobody damn right. Person is a fucking tool
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Best one Ive seen was the 3 pup R9 I sold for 2600.

Went straight up at around 4000 on reverb, slowly reducing for a year and is now down to 3400.

• And I know I mentioned it on a different thread but has anyone noticed the number of gumtree we buy any guitar for cash adverts recently? It's mental. And the odd one or ahem two are from members on here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • The problem is that it actually works on some people.. all the stuff you can read about on here, Facebook groups, google, yet people still choose to deal with him.

I know at least one person who's been persuaded to sell to him for a low price before they found out what he does, and I know another guy who bought an ESP from him for his asking price (£1000) when he originally won it for £280 on an eBay auction. Fair enough he won that particular guitar in an auction fair and square (I would've definitely bid higher if I hadn't bloody missed the end of it!) but it just goes to show that this is working for him, even after his original eBay account was banned.

If you look at his eBay/reverb accounts he has plenty of feedback to suggest that he's making regular sales, and I refuse to believe that he is going to the effort of faking all of them..
  • Essex Geetar Prick winds me up far more than he should do. I’ve never dealt with him and would flatly refuse too if he won an EBay auctions of anything of mine.  

In contrast , I recently set up a Facebook account to flog a couple of guitars off (that were on here cheaper of course) and came across some bloke called Steve in the Midlands somewhere. Seemed like every other advert was his but the he difference was he seemed straight , he had a price  and wouldn’t haggle and didn’t fill his ads with stupid superlatives.

I was looking for something dual Humbucker ish before I scored the PRS on here so I messaged this Steve bloke hesitantly as he had a Les Paul that looked good. I offered up one of mine in return and asked him what it would be worth to him against the LP. I had a good idea of fair value and he was only about £100 shy. The PRS then came up so I didn’t chase it.

i guess my point being that he must put a load of work in, continually posting ads, fielding questions , sending things off etc etc but from my experience he does it courteously and without pissing me off.

Im guessing he’s a bedroom dealer but if that’s the way he deals with people and assuming he plays fair with HMRC then I wish him well unlike that total helmet from Essex.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    edited February 2020
    He's so obviously a foreigner, as he takes himself very seriously, yet Brits would only add "Essex" to a something to take the piss
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    Dominic said:
    Same thing but just a more polished way of kicking you in the bollocks .Normal bu
    Normally a business only works if you can add value to a product to justify selling it at a higher price than you paid for it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    TBH, the low ball is becoming the norm from most people.

And when you say "no thanks", getting a justification email trying to get me to change my mind is bad form. Much like telling that person to piss off, apparently.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    He's so obviously a foreigner, as he takes himself very seriously, yet Brits would only add "Essex" to a something to take the piss
    Yes, he's American.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    edited February 2020
    Joe Public goes on forums complaining about getting low ball offers on publicly listed items on selling sites, that they have no obligation to accept or even respond to. 

Same Joe Public buys strings and guitars on internet not supporting local music shops. 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665

Same Joe Public buys strings and guitars on internet not supporting local music shops. 

Actually... I do. All my strings come from an independent music shop. A lot of my guitars have come from music shops (I make a round trip to Coda on a regular basis). As for local... there aren't any - went out of business before I moved here. I also support UK small businesses such as Rexter and SC Relics, Mojo, Oil City etc when I'm building partcasters where possible,

I also don't understand your point. Are you saying its right that folks think they can low ball because they don't support local music shops. I don't really understand the correlation...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom