where to find good quality guitar tabs

What's Hot
phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010

looking for reportable sources of good quality tabs. where do you recommend.

Im beginning to learn a lot of the free tabs available can be off the mark.(I don't mind paying a fee for accurate tabs)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Eric Haugen does some good lessons and the tabs are available to download for a fee on his site. He makes the lessons difficult to follow unless you have the tabs....  but they are well tabbed out if you but them. 

Available on YouTube or his own site. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ultimate-guitar.com 

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 733
    edited February 2020
    Learn songs/solos by ear, it's more difficult, but you will be a better musician in the long term......
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    edited February 2020
    Songsterr. It has playback so you can see how each measure is meant to sound isolated from a record.

If you pay for a sub (I don't), you can do things like change the tempo, tuning, etc. Best site I've seen. I wish it were around when I was learning.

GuyBoden said:
    Learn songs/solos by ear, it's more difficult, but you will be a better musician in the long term......

While I agree with this in the long run, for a beginner just starting out, I'd 100% recommend just learning as much as possible as easily as possible. Tabs are fantastic for that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    many thanks for they replies. some good info there
  • If there’s anything in particular you’re after give me a shout...I’ve got hundreds in pdf format.
    If there’s anything in particular you’re after give me a shout...I’ve got hundreds in pdf format.

that's a very kind offer. I just need some beginner friendly songs for electric
    phil_b said:
    If there’s anything in particular you’re after give me a shout...I’ve got hundreds in pdf format.

What kinda music you into mate? If you name a few bands I'm sure we'd be able to find you some good songs to get going with.
    Tenebrous said:
    phil_b said:

What kinda music you into mate? If you name a few bands I'm sure we'd be able to find you some good songs to get going with.

Jessica Tab by The Allman Brothers would be good

anything by the shadows and other 60's stuff

I love queen also but think their stuff is beyond my current level of playing

phil_b said:
    Tenebrous said:
    phil_b said:

Jessica Tab by The Allman Brothers would be good

anything by the shadows and other 60's stuff

I love queen also but think their stuff is beyond my current level of playing

Here you go. If you click the play button on the right hand side, you can listen to the track/tab play. Button below that allows you to select what instruments you want tabs for.

There's also a difficulty rating system that gives a general idea of how difficult a piece is. If you search for Queen on the left-hand side, a list of tunes will come up, and the ones with the fewest notches are the easier ones.

that's great thanks again
  • I've whacked a load of stuff into a folder on Google Drive for you - I'll pm you a link :) 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    I threw a stack of old guitar mags out and their CD’s as I no longer have a CD player and scanned the stuff that was any good. 
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 850
    I`ve just joined guitarinstructor.com 

Owned by Hal Leonard - so all the old great tab books. A combination of straight tabs, video lessons and play along with backing. $9.95 a month on a rolling contract, which seems like a bargain to me!
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 972
    newi123 said:

Owned by Hal Leonard - so all the old great tab books. A combination of straight tabs, video lessons and play along with backing. $9.95 a month on a rolling contract, which seems like a bargain to me!
    Haven’t heard of this website, will take a look. Cheers @newi123 ;

• paul_xtpaul_xt Frets: 86
    newi123 said:

It’s brilliant. Been a member for 2 years now, invaluable for those moments of ‘can we try that’ in a band or a student asking ‘can we learn this’...