Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Taste...and less

What's Hot

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    "Siri, show me a one-owner guitar that will remain a one-owner guitar in perpetuity forever..."
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    'Genuine reason for sale. Will consider trades.'
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7082
    What a bunch of gash 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Truly, it is a masterpiece of shitness...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    'Vulgar' is a great, and underused adjective :)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    edited February 2020
    I'd play it. But then, I sometimes gig this:

Edited to add: it's in open G, hence the 'missing' string 
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Always think they look like they’d shred your hand to bits!
  • Teye has been making his Zemaitis on steroids designs for decades now. They're not for everyone but in the right hands they're cool. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3964
    eww

three humbuckers
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Teye has been making his Zemaitis on steroids designs for decades now. They're not for everyone but in the right hands they're cool. 
    This^

Having owned and gigged one for a good while. Teye makes a very good guitar, much better than the new Japanese Zemaitis guitars. Every one I’ve played has been well built, played well and had a great array of sounds. Playing one live also always got excited comments from members of the audience who hadn’t seen one before. 

However, no they are not for everyone, there’s a certain 70s Faces or Stones factor that appeals, and yes some like the one above are just ‘mildly’ OTT (mine was a plain face plate el platero).
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    I'll be honest. If that was £500 I'd probably have it. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I... Quite like it. The price is insanely out of my league, & even if I had the cash I'd not go for it, but I quite like it all the same.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975 said:

I'll be honest. If that was £0.05p I'd probably have it. 

FTFY. ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1473
    You have to actually try them.  I know they are very Marmite in the looks, but they play well and can cover a whole range of sounds.  I have 3 of them, and yes, one is the cheaper version of this one.  I hadn't wanted the elaborate fingerboard inlay, but they didn't have the one I wanted and fitted this for free (before asking me!).

3reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I'd actually rock the hell out of the blue & silver looking one. Cool collection that.

• Jeez, I own some weird shit, but this stuff breaks new boundaries in extreme aesthetics.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKing said:
    You have to actually try them.  I know they are very Marmite in the looks, but they play well and can cover a whole range of sounds.  I have 3 of them, and yes, one is the cheaper version of this one.  I hadn't wanted the elaborate fingerboard inlay, but they didn't have the one I wanted and fitted this for free (before asking me!).

They are cracking mate. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1473
    edited February 2020

Jeez, I own some weird shit, but this stuff breaks new boundaries in extreme aesthetics.
    I have lots of weird shit too.  I have a Zemaitis pearl top clone and some original Airlines and Silvertones.  I picked up the black one used and really liked it (apart from the original DiMarzio Tone Zone).  I put in a BK Black Hawk and it sounds great.  I then ordered the cheaper version of the blue one, but didn't like it, so I spoke to them about replacing it with the next model up, then saw the one you hate, and really liked it, so ended up ordering two to replace the one.  I asked them about fitting BK pickups but was told that the switching and tone wouldn't work with them.  However, I really didn't like the Lollars in the blue one (even though they are fine in the red one), so I swapped them for BK's, and they work fine (the wiring was a bitch to work out though).

They do cause a reaction when you walk out with them.  Since I live in the South of the USA, I think they are more tolerated here.  I do always feel I should have cowboy boots on with the red & the blue though (btw. I do have matching stingray skin cowboy boots - one red pair and one blue!).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    PhilKing said:

I love the single pickup one 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    edited February 2020
    Looks like it'd weigh a ton what with all the hardware on it.
    Although he's saved a bit of weight on the tuner buttons.