SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

2017 Gibson Les Paul Tribute, Faded Honey Burst with Gator Deluxe Moulded Case

PhilMPhilM Frets: 279
edited February 2020 in Guitars £
I bought this back in 2017 with the intention of learning to love a Les Paul. I've struggled over the last 25 years of playing to get on with them, but I tried hard with this one. I bought the Deluxe Gator hardcase (guitar originally supplied with a rubbish gigbag!), had a full setup and had the nut sorted (so it stays in tune nicely) and then took it to two band rehearsals and... that's about it apart from the odd strum on the sofa - when I remembered that I still owned it. Annoyingly I fitted a spare Dimarzio ClickLock strap to it - the buckle of which has caused the nitro damage shown in pics 6,7, and 8 when it got stuck under the guitar and rubbed in the case. The matt nitro finish on these is quite thin and soft, but it does smell quite pleasant. The faded Honeyburst effect is quite subtle, as is the single piece maple top. I must have swapped the trussrod cover from the one engraved "Tribute" to a plain one and if I find it, I'll include it. I do have the bag of case candy, minus the utter rubbish strap it came with. The original strap buttons are back on too! In 2017 these guitars came with the 9-hole weight relief which I believe they dropped for 2018 models. This one has 490R/490T pickups and usual PCB control board for the pots. Smoke and pet free house, the guitar has been stored in the case for the entire time I've owned it. Set up for and strung with 9s.

Ultimately, I can't get on with the scale length. I'm much more at home with Strats and Teles.

I'm looking for £600 inc the case, but would strongly consider a swap for something Strat or Tele shaped - try me! Guitar is located in Swindon, but I work near Didcot. I also travel a fair bit with work.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments