TC Electronics Plethora pedalboard.

What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowen said:
    I wonder how big the discussion was on whether the poly should be included.

I think it would sell better with it.  Otherwise it is an 'all in one' where you need another pedal. 
    I think they're already marketing it as a "most-in-one" pedal. It's got no dirt sounds on board either, so they're banking on you using it alongside other pedals.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited February 2020
    No drives, but has an insert function and 4CM, so you can place the TonePrint FXs anywhere you want.

Looks pretty easy to use from that demo vid, but no mention of Midi, or price.

Question remains why have they waited so long to release something like this.
    price wise will be interesting. 

Helix FX is £369
    tc HOF X4 is £180

So guesswork is somewhere between those two.

From a brief look at the video I think they've got this about right for those of us in the home use/ jamming/ weekend warrior market. Probably not a product for someone with a complex MIDI rig or a set of vintage pedals.     

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    Does anyone know if its analogy dry thru?
    Assuming it's got the Pipeline in there, no.  
  • Price in the video comments was quoted as $350-$450 depending on dealer.

So £350 max ???

Bye!

• joeyowen said:
    Rich said:
    tone1 said:
    No tuner or drives, but it looks interesting  :)
    According to the TC website it does actually have a tuner, which is cool!
    But in the demo video they use a polytune next to it?
    I use a TU-2 with my helix
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Double post - the quick swap feature of just holding the 2 footswitches to swap pedal order looks great. 

I don't think it can do presets though, so I can't load a board with 5 pedals, and create presets using those 5 pedals...  I wouldn't ever use it that way, but I bet loads of people would want to be able to do that.
  • Gulliver said:

I don't think it can do presets though, so I can't load a board with 5 pedals, and create presets using those 5 pedals...  I wouldn't ever use it that way, but I bet loads of people would want to be able to do that.
    I think it can do that. 

Bye!

• Gulliver said:

I think it can do that. 

Even if it can't you've got 127 boards available so you could have several boards with the same combination of pedals with different settings.

• The other midi socket is a 'thru' not an 'out' - meaning that Plethora itself cannot generate midi commands. So if you want to do anything with midi you add a midi controller to the setup.

Bye!

Gulliver said:

I think it can do that. 
    I hope it can, it would seem a weird feature to exclude.  But perhaps with a midi controller it will be significantly easier?
  • The other midi socket is a 'thru' not an 'out' - meaning that Plethora itself cannot generate midi commands. So if you want to do anything with midi you add a midi controller to the setup.

Odd- that means they've left out any means of controlling amp functions. No TRS out for channel switching (unless you can use the expression jack and lose expression pedal functions), no way to use MIDI to control the amp, or to control a separate switcher.

Seems like it sits slightly awkwardly between all the things it isn't- it can't be a standalone pedalboard, or a "centrepiece" of a pedalboard like a switching system, HXFX or an MS-3 would be, and it's too complex and versatile (and expensive, in all likelihood) to be "just another pedal".

I can see how I'd integrate it in to *my* pedalboard, but I wonder how many other people could.

Odd- that means they've left out any means of controlling amp functions. No TRS out for channel switching (unless you can use the expression jack and lose expression pedal functions), no way to use MIDI to control the amp, or to control a separate switcher.

Seems like it sits slightly awkwardly between all the things it isn't- it can't be a standalone pedalboard, or a "centrepiece" of a pedalboard like a switching system, HXFX or an MS-3 would be, and it's too complex and versatile (and expensive, in all likelihood) to be "just another pedal".

I can see how I'd integrate it in to *my* pedalboard, but I wonder how many other people could.
    I'm obviously assuming based on the labeling. I could be completely wrong.

The first thought I had was that a Boss ES-5, Boss MS-3, Morningstar MC6, or any of the other compact midi switchers out there could really be a good pairing with this thing.

Also there are a lot of people out there (and I'm not really one!) who are more than happy to use their amp switch and tap-dance their pedals. They just want some great tones in as compact a box as possible. So I see this not really as a HX FX competitor as such. It's more a TC take on the M9/M13, which is how a lot of people are using their HX FX's and Helix's anyway.

Bye!

• Anyway, this has excited me more than anything announced at NAMM!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• Cab sim is a bonus.
    600ma power not too bad.
    3 year guarantee is good too.

• Anyway, this has excited me more than anything announced at NAMM!
    Likewise. 

I've been looking for a way to replace the two Line 6 M5s I use with my ES-5 to cover reverbs, pitch and modulation effects, and this might be just the ticket. It would be slaved to the ES-5 for MIDI so the possible lack of MIDI functionality wouldn't be a problem.

• The new down to earth Geordie face of TC. Boards. Pedals. Toneprints. A change of approach from the Danish guy with his  "Cavernous shimmery goodness" and "Haunting ethereal delays", plus mentioning True Bypass every few seconds.

• https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Effects-Processors/PLETHORA-X5/p/P0D9M#googtrans(en|en)

does include a tuner ( someone said it didn't , I assumed it didn't as well).
  • Price in the video comments was quoted as $350-$450 depending on dealer.

So £350 max ???
    Music Radar ( who? chortle,etc) says $399. 

Maybe £350, maybe £300  once it has been out a while? 
  • I asked on the Youtube video about Spillover when switching between boards. They say "In buffered bypass mode, yes. Totally"

Which is nice.

Bye!

• And someone asked about drives and TC say "Not yet. But there could be".

Which is also nice.

Bye!