NGD

Hi folks, well i have gone a done it again and caved in and bought bought another Jobo Firebird 1. 

Bought it at the Formby guitar fair on Sunday from a nice chap there.   I like the colour as i wasn't too sure of it at first in polymist gold hence why i hunted down a sunburst first, but in the flesh it looks great. Also the rosewood or whatever it is. is nice and dark and very tight grain hardly any pores in it. I have seen Gibson custom shop with worse dry horrible rosewood boards,  anyway. Couple of pics for ya.

Here it is with the other sunburst.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cool! So you won't want the sunburst one anymore then ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yours for a snip @ £6999 then i can by the eric clapton custom shop one.   ;)
  • Oof, that colour is stunning mate! :heart: 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Saw that at the show - great looking guitar.
  • Thanks Guys made up with it so far, they did a really great job on these to be fair to Epiphone.

I like the simplicity it makes me just play more, i find with a stratocaster i am forever fiddling with the 5 way switch.   
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14037
    tFB Trader
    Hi folks, well i have gone a done it again and caved in and bought bought another Jobo Firebird 1. 

Bought it at the Formby guitar fair on Sunday from a nice chap there.   

Brought it from my friend Ben I believe - He told me he'd sold a JoBo Firebird - Enjoy it 
  • captainbeeffartcaptainbeeffart Frets: 343
    edited February 2020
    Thanks Man, i saw that nice strat plus you had, my very first proper guitar was the same long since gone now. but no roller nut, mine had a normal nut.  best wishes
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14037
    tFB Trader
    Thanks Man, i saw that nice strat plus you had, my very first proper guitar was the same long since gone now. but no roller nut, mine had a normal nut.  best wishes
    Yes they did a Standard version of the Strat PLus without the roller nut - Not many of them about - can't recall what its' name was - Not really a down graded Strat Plus or an upgraded Standard but I know which model you mean

Hope you enjoyed the show
  • Boy did this guitar benefit from a set up. Was playing it and noticed a terrible fret buzz on the first few frets. Sighted down the neck and it was far too convex.

Been loosening off the truss rod over a couple of days and now it sounds like claptons firebird 1 rather than george formbys banjo. Anyone else playing one of these?