SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Cheap speaker.

TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
Anyone got anything suitable for a super-cheap homebrew amp?

I've just put this one together for a bit of fun, and the 4" speaker sounds as naff as you might expect a 50p 4" speaker to sound.

Another amp kit will arrive tomorrow (Ruby / Noisy Cricket) for which I'll build another cabinet, but I'll need another speaker.  The kit is only £20, so I'm not looking for anything fancy for the speaker! 

Gumtree/Preloved shows nothing nearby, and the eBay auctions I'm watching don't end for a few days, so ... anyone got anything??

Ideally, 8"/10" and 4ohm/8ohm.
:)
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andymanandyman Frets: 58
    edited February 2020
    Hey, I've got this sitting here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/166845/fs-celestion-g10e-30-tube-10-speaker-25

I'm flexible on the price.
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    I have a couple of 70/80s you could have for nowt. 16 ohms
    I suspect they are too big, wrong impedance and I have no idea how I'd ship them.
    But the thought that counts :)  Just in case you want them, a way to get them to you from South coast can be found.
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    edited February 2020

If you're near Sussex you can have the whole thing for 20 quid (probably less). 8 inch Blue Marvel and a spare 15 watt head. A free cab thrown in.   

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peavey-Rage-158-Transtube-Series-15-Watt-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier-with-Reverb/133293537327?hash=item1f08e9f82f%3Ag%3AIh0AAOSwm1deD2jc&LH_ItemCondition=4

Seller doesn't seem to know if it's a 'Rage' or a 'Blazer' though!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    Cheers @ceejay - though I’m nowhere near Sussex, and it’d seem a bit mad to buy a working combo, rip out the speaker and make another cab to put the speaker back into with a different amp!

Mad deal for £20 though.  Speaker, amp *and* cab!

Other PMs sent

Cheers guys.  I appear to have 3 amp kits coming, so need plenty speakers.  Putting 3 amp kits together  will help improve my soldering skills before i go for the KO.  More on that later ...
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    Why not check out your local sales website for a cheap mini practice amp that are often sold in guitar starter packages, usually dirt cheap and you could possibly use the cab too?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

paulnb57 said:
    Why not check out your local sales website 
    I did check Gumtree and Preloved nearby, but nothing useful showed 
    :(
  • jackiojackio Frets: 132
    Where are you? I’ve got the fender speaker I took out of my superchamp xd. 10 inch 8ohm. 
    Hi @jackio - I'm in Norfolk, but Hermes will get it to me for £6.50 if you've got a box?
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    edited February 2020
    @TTony ;Ive just been in the loft and have this joker, you could possibly use the cab as well...
    It has a 6inch speaker and is free if you want either the whole thing or just the speaker, Ill cover postage...

(I may even dust it)

If you want this appreciating classic just pm me your address....

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

paulnb57 said:
    just pm me your address....
    PM'd
    ;)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12327
    jackio said:
    Where are you? I’ve got the fender speaker I took out of my superchamp xd. 10 inch 8ohm. 
    Sorry to invade, what did you put in instead @jackio
  • jackiojackio Frets: 132
    @TTony do you want it. PM your address and I’ll get it sent. 
    @munckee I put a Weber Ceramic Blue Pup 10” in there. Much much better. Heavier too, but it’s still a portable amp, easy 1 hand carry. 
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    @TTony - you're going to be building a wall of sound at this rate! :)
    jackio said:
    @TTony do you want it. PM your address and I’ll get it sent. 

PM on its way

steven70 said:
    @TTony - you're going to be building a wall of sound at this rate! :)
    :D 

Indeed - but I've got 3 more amp kits coming - thought it'd be interesting to play around with them a bit - so all speakers will definitely get used.

But that's probably all I need now folks - thanks for all the offers!

• SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 335
    I have a Roland Cube (40GX, I think) which has one of those "hisses a bit when first switched on but then stops hissing after a few seconds and works 100% perfectly once it's been warmed up for 10 seconds" sort of problems.

Nice solid 10" driver and a lovely bit of kit all round to be honest. It'd be a fair few quid if it didn't hate being turned on quite as much as it does

Yours for whatever discount you feel like giving me on that tail-piece of yours.

I'll even hand deliver it.
  • TTony said:
    Anyone got anything suitable for a super-cheap homebrew amp?

I've just put this one together for a bit of fun, and the 4" speaker sounds as naff as you might expect a 50p 4" speaker to sound.

Another amp kit will arrive tomorrow (Ruby / Noisy Cricket) for which I'll build another cabinet, but I'll need another speaker.  The kit is only £20, so I'm not looking for anything fancy for the speaker! 

Gumtree/Preloved shows nothing nearby, and the eBay auctions I'm watching don't end for a few days, so ... anyone got anything??

Ideally, 8"/10" and 4ohm/8ohm.
    Got a jet city 12" speaker you can have for nothing if you can collect it from Wakefield 
    Cheers @Toe_Knee - generous offer but I'm a good few miles from Wakefield!
  • TTony said:
    Cheers @Toe_Knee - generous offer but I'm a good few miles from Wakefield!
    If I come across a box I'll happily ship it. Trying to declutter.