SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED!!! - Collings C10 Deluxe

What's Hot
camfcamf Frets: 1191
edited April 2020 in Acoustics £
GONE/TRADED a Collings C10 Deluxe - looking for a short scale and/or 12 fret.

Collings C10 Deluxe. Adirondack top, sunburst finish, cutaway, mahogany back and sides, pre war scalloped bracing, and comes with a K&K Pure Mini and original Collings TKL case. There's a pic of the full spec below.

When I got this guitar there was an issue with the finish around the bridge from a botched repair job. It didn't affect the playability or sound but after playing it and gigging with it for a couple of years I decided it was too nice to leave in such a poor state so, after consulting with a number of UK luthiers and guitar builders on who they'd recommend to do the job, I had the top stripped and refinished by one of the very best in the UK. He did an excellent job and the top in now as as good as everything else on this excellent guitar. (Happy to supply more details if you PM me.)

I've decided to sell it as it's currently in really great overall condition, and if I start gigging it, that won't last. These days, I'm also playing less band stuff (where it fits perfectly - see the video below) and playing more stripped down solo singer/songwriter stuff and that feels like it needs something with a bit more bottom end thump than the very balanced sounding Collings. I'm also finding shorter scale easier to play and I've come to realise I like 12 fret acoustics too. 

Paul Davids has the same model although with the deluxe spec, but he describes it with more detail and with recording samples that do a far better job of giving an idea of the guitar than my crappy photos. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZY_DqLg9hk

(edited for clarity)

I'm based in Edinburgh and I'd definitely want to meet in person regarding a trade. I do get around the country a little bit so again, if it's of any interest it's worth asking if I might be heading to your part of the world anytime - you never know. 

It's a cracking guitar and as I mentioned before, when I was in the studio it was the guitar the producer consistently picked out for recording ahead of other lovely guitars - it's a dream to play and record.

Swap/trade value is £2750.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4p981s1w9sifgr/73364140_421573121889531_9182575254906601472_n.jpg?raw=1

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    I think you just raised the bar for demo video quality! Nice guitar and playing Sir. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    edited February 2020
    Yeah... and I'm handsome, young(ish) and Dutch too. (Sadly... that's not me!) Sorry, I can see it looks a bit misleading. I've edited a bit for clarity.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    That's good news....my wife was about to leave me for the dutch guitar dude :-)
    edited February 2020
    THAT’S DEFINITELY ME! SEND PICS!! :)
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    @camf was this refinished over here in Northern Ireland by Stevie Graham? 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    No, he previously worked for Overwater and Sobell in the North of England. Lovely man. I can PM details if you’d like.
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    @camf Cheers - I saw Stevie had refinished two Collings recently and though this might have been one of them. It looks a top job - well worth doing for such a beautiful guitar. GLWS

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    Bump!
    Heading off on consignment soon bump
    Bump
    Anchorboy said:
    @camf Cheers - I saw Stevie had refinished two Collings recently and though this might have been one of them. It looks a top job - well worth doing for such a beautiful guitar. GLWS

Thanks @Anchorboy. It's been a real pleasure to own it and if I wasn't intent of squandering more of my money on more recording I'd love to keep it. I think it's my best guitar but it's also the one most likely to sell as it's in much better condition than the others. The others are lovely guitars too but they have a bit more play wear. 
    Now on consignment so not for sale but still willing to consider trades/swaps. 
  • KarnakKarnak Frets: 16
    I have a lovely Tom Anderson electric stratocaster if interested.
    Thanks for the offer. I've had a Tom Anderson before and they are stellar guitars but I think my main priority would be another acoustic, so I'll pass. 
  • KarnakKarnak Frets: 16
    Absolutely no problem. Thanks for the kind comment. GLWTS. Rob
  • Andy_StringsAndy_Strings Frets: 207
    edited March 2020
    Hello Camf, I have a Martin 0018e Retro that I've not had for long. It was modelled on a 1940's example that they have in the Martin museum.  I can't fault it... but by default I pick up my Collings 002H... even though I prefer a Mahogany body so maybe the 'hog' bodied C10 with full scale length would be a better option for me.  Let me know if you're interested. Andy
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    @Andy_Strings Thanks for the offer but I’m stupidly fickle about pickups so I think I’d struggle with any guitar that has electrics built in. I’m an idiot, but I’ll pass. Thanks for the offer and I bet it’s a lovely guitar. 
  • Would an Atkin OM rosewood 2009 model interest you?
    Hi @noirleblanc

It would definitely be in the ball park. I'll PM you for more details but currently it seems a difficult time to do any trades with guitars, not least since my guitar is under lockdown in Glasgow. Like everyone else, I'm not sure when I'd be able to get it back. At the moment, the way things are looking, I could probably do with selling it, but I'd like to find out more and see any pics you have. Can you PM me?

Cheers,

camf

• camf said:
    @Andy_Strings Thanks for the offer but I’m stupidly fickle about pickups so I think I’d struggle with any guitar that has electrics built in.
    I understand and to be honest, I felt the same (I'm not only pickup fussy, but I only use Red Eye Fire Eye preamps).  Purely for future reference though, the Aura is fantastic and just as this guitar was exactly modelled on a 1940 000-18 from the Martin Museum, they also recorded that same 1940 guitar with 10 high-end studio mics and modelled those in the Aura to be mixed (if wanted) with the standard pickup. As a result, it's the first guitar that I haven't needed to use my Red Eye preamp with. I'm hanging onto it now so the above is for information only.  All the best, Andy
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom