Does my perfect acoustic exist?

What's Hot
BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
edited February 2020 in Acoustics
Struggling to find something that ticks all of these boxes unless I'm missing something really obvious

- 1 3/4" nut width
- Martin 00 size or smaller, so bordering on parlour size, but Martin 00 is perfect
- 24.9" scale length
- 12 fret preferable but don't mind 14 fret if the other boxes are ticked
- Ideally with no electronics
- Absolute maximum cost of £750 used 

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Firm on 24.9? 24.75 a possible?
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Andy79 said:
    Firm on 24.9? 24.75 a possible?
    Sorry yes, meant to say 24.9 and smaller 
    Recording king RNJ series are 00 solid wood nitro finish 24.75 and 1 3/4 nut. 13 or 14 fret joint. 
    but not easy to find. I have a maple back one and it’s a belter
    Or This

https://www.projectmusic.net/sigma-slm-sg00-ex-display-21836-p.asp
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Here are a few models

Around £400 - Solid top, laminate back and sides. Alvarez Delta,

Around £500 - A bit smaller than a true 00, the Guild M-120/140 are somewhere between an 0 and 00, 14 fret and are all solid.
  • You were doing really well but fell at the final hurdle... 

There are plenty of Recording King, etc at around £350 but that's a tricky price range. If you can get closer to £1k you may find things open up for you and you may even be able to get a Martin secondhand. 
    edited February 2020
    Can’t think of a Martin for a grand with those specs. 00-18 or even 17  but it’s hardly available at that price 
    Thanks guys, a few options to look into. Agree that it’s a bit of a tricky price range! 
    00-17 has to be the closest to budget if you want to avoid far Easter built
    There’s one on Reverb for £1000 which maybe negotiable 
    And if as your name suggests your in Bristol, PMT have one to road test 
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    edited February 2020
    Simon and Patrick could be worth looking at. Woodland Pro Parlour ticks most of those boxes. Solid back and sides, 12 fret. 24.84 scale. Neck is 1.72 though. 

The "folk" size 14 fret looks 00 size. 
  • BRISTOL86 said:
    Thanks guys, a few options to look into. Agree that it’s a bit of a tricky price range! 
    I've got a few OO's, and they aren't the most popular size and consequently there aren't that many models.  Eastman have a Adirondack 14 fret OO, but it has a narrow nut width and it's a bit over your budget (around £850?)

Have you ever tried playing OM's/OOO's?  A little wider at the lower bout for sure, but it would definitely give you a multitude of more options.
  • Larrivee parlour?  I got my p03 used for 650.  Quite a lot of character but taylor like playability
    Thanks again all.
    BRISTOL86 said:
    I've got a few OO's, and they aren't the most popular size and consequently there aren't that many models.  Eastman have a Adirondack 14 fret OO, but it has a narrow nut width and it's a bit over your budget (around £850?)

Have you ever tried playing OM's/OOO's?  A little wider at the lower bout for sure, but it would definitely give you a multitude of more options.
    I definitely wouldn’t rule out a 000/OM 

Larrivee parlour?  I got my p03 used for 650.  Quite a lot of character but taylor like playability
    They look really nice but would be hard pushed to find one that cheap now I think. 

Realistically I think I’m probably best off with something in the 400-500 price range to tide me over until I can justify spending a bit more to get me into used Martin territory. I had a 00-28 which I absolutely adored but I needed the cash....I should have held on to it!!
  • BRISTOL86 said:

Realistically I think I’m probably best off with something in the 400-500 price range to tide me over until I can justify spending a bit more to get me into used Martin territory.
    I'd say in that price range, a Eastman E1OM (or E2OM-CD) is around £500, short scale OM ie 14 fret 000, 1 3/4" nut, and 24.9" scale.

(I have a Eastman 00 btw, great build quality and sound)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    BRISTOL86 said:

Realistically I think I’m probably best off with something in the 400-500 price range to tide me over until I can justify spending a bit more to get me into used Martin territory.
    I'd say in that price range, a Eastman E1OM (or E2OM-CD) is around £500, short scale OM ie 14 fret 000, 1 3/4" nut, and 24.9" scale.

(I have a Eastman 00 btw, great build quality and sound)
    Yes it’s on my list, they look very good for the money!