SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No longer for sale: Kalamazoo KG-14

pjfpjf Frets: 331
edited March 2020 in Acoustics £
Kalamazoo KG-14, made - at best guess from the serial number - in 1936.

Some of you may recall I had this up for sale late last year, along with a CEO-7. I got an extreme case of cold feet and took it off the market, but now it's back - as I will almost certainly regret later(!).

***EDIT*** Nope, sorry, it’s off the market again. Worth more to me as an instrument than the money would be. Off the market until I absolutely need to sell it.

This guitar is light as a feather and an awesome little blues box. One of the cleanest examples I've seen, it is also one of the most structurally-secure, with just one small, professionally-repaired hairline crack from the rosette to the end of the fretboard. There is some capo rash on the back of the neck and lots of crackling in the nitro finish - "mojo" some would call it. Many of these old KG-14s were modified to have x-bracing, but this one is still ladder-braced and so retains that characteristic early blues honk.

Specs include 1 3/4" nut width, 24 3/4" scale length, V neck profile. Solid spruce top, solid mahogany back, sides and neck. The internet tells me the fingerboard and bridge are Brazilian rosewood, I haven't been able to confirm that though. 

As noted above, the guitar has a professionally-repaired crack between the rosette and the end of the fingerboard. It has also had a professional neck set and re-fret. The repair work was carried out in the States, I believe, and was done to an extremely high standard. As a result the action is very good, it keeps in tune very well and plays great. It is currently strung with Martin retro custom lights (11-52, I wouldn't go any heavier). The guitar will come in a brand new fitted hard case.

£1600 delivered.

I apologise in advance for the reflections, etc (photography is not my forté) but more photos are available here: 

https://imgur.com/a/QlRkqbY

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom