SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Fender Custom Shop 'Custom Classic' Stratocaster, Daphne Blue, £1450

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
edited March 2020 in Guitars £
Kinda in two minds about this one, but there's something on here causing me an itch I gotta scratch, and one in, one out, yeah?

2008 Fender Custom Shop 'Custom Classic' Strat, in this gorgeous Daphne Blue finish.  

I will mention at the start that I do not have a COA.  It wasn't with it when I got it, indeed I don't think I knew the things existed in 2015.  Certainly didn't matter to me then.  ***edit - according to @hyperben below, this model would never have had a COA in the first place!***.  ***second edit some difference of opinion about this via PM, where another correspondent isn't so sure, but anyway this doesn't have one.***. ***third edit: @hyperben has retracted initial assertion, so it seems it would probably have had one of the dratted bits of paper when it spewed from Fender's corporate maw***

Anyway, FWIW I bought it from The North American Guitar here in that London, back when they were based out in Fulham or thereabouts.  IIRC the story was it had been traded in against one of their ritzy high end models.  I   have emails....  One from a charming fellow at Fender Customer Relations when I enquired about the serial number and specs (they match...) and some between me and TNAG arranging to go and pick it up.  So let's see whether all those 'missing COA's don't matter none to me' threads have grown anyone a pair of cojones.

As you can see, it's a beauty.  Virtually immaculate: just one small bump on the lower bit of the headstock.  Gorgeous figured maple soft-V neck.  The Strattiest of Strat toanz from the pickups.  Comes in the hard case pictured.  And I do have the wang bar somewhere.

Why am I selling?  Simply because I'm a fickle sod.  Been playing my Gibsons more, and as I said I'm hankering after something else, and need the coin.

£1500 now £1450 collected or delivered a reasonable radius around London.  I don't have a shipping crate at the moment but maybe we can discuss shipping if absolutely necessary.  

No trades, thanks: this is being chopped out for something very specific.

Specs:

Model Name: Custom Classic Stratocaster® “V” Neck 

Model Number: 015-6200-(Color#) and 015-6202-(Color#)

Series: Custom Classic Series

Body: Select Alder on: (804) Daphne Blue,

Neck: Lightly Figured Maple, Soft “V” Shape,(Polished Satin Urethane Finish)

Fingerboard: Maple (p/n 015-6202), 9.5” Radius (241mm)

No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets

Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)

Width @ Nut: 1.6875” (43 mm)

Hardware: Chrome

Machine Heads: Fender®/Schaller® Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines

Bridge: New Deluxe 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Polished Solid Stainless Steel Saddles and Block

Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment

Pickups: 2 Modern Classic Single-Coil Pickups (Neck, Middle),

1 Hot Classic Single-Coil Pickup (Bridge), with Custom Steel Inductance Plate.

All have modern magnet stagger.

Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:

Position 1. Bridge Pickup

Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup

Position 3. Middle Pickup

Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup

Position 5. Neck Pickup

Controls: Master Volume,

Tone 1. (Neck Pickup),

Tone 2. No-Load Tone Control (Middle and Bridge Pickups)

Colors: (804) Daphne Blue,(Urethane Finish)

Strings: Fender Super 3250R, Nickel Plated Steel, (.010 to .046), p/n 073-3250-006

Other Features: Aged White Plastic Parts

Source: U.S. Fender Custom Shop

Accessories: Deluxe Black Hardshell Case (Black Interior)

Pictures!

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hubba hubba , fantastic price with or without the COA
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    I have the bing cherry version of this...Great guitar, great colour, plays real well.  GLWTS 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    edited February 2020
    Deleted
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    edited February 2020
    hyperben said:
    FYI there won’t be a COA for that model. The special edition lines they do (the ones with a Fender CS engraved neck plate with a CZ type serial number) don’t have COAs, but the specs can still be obtained from Fender customer care in the form of a bullet pointed spec sheet.
    You are a wonder! Thanks for the explanation: wiz duly awarded!

***post edited: read below for exciting further COA debate***
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Ben1984Ben1984 Frets: 111
    Are you sure these don't come with the COA ? Just looked some up on reverb 2007 custom classic on there comes with the coa I might be wrong however ...
    Ben1984 said:
    Are you sure these don't come with the COA ? Just looked some up on reverb 2007 custom classic on there comes with the coa I might be wrong however ...
    See my second edit on the original posting: I'm sure @hyperben is trying to be helpful.  I honestly don't know either way, but anyway this doesn't have one now in 2020, and hasn't since I bought it in 2015.  

Maybe the Reverb ones are panic fakes :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JerkMoans said:
    Ben1984 said:
    See my second edit on the original posting: I'm sure @hyperben is trying to be helpful.  I honestly don't know either way, but anyway this doesn't have one now in 2020, and hasn't since I bought it in 2015.  

No way on earth have you owned a guitar since 2015 unless -

- you forgot you had it

or

- it can mix martinis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    JerkMoans said:
    Ben1984 said:

No way on earth have you owned a guitar since 2015 unless -

- you forgot you had it

or

- it can mix martinis
    How very dare you :lol: 

This was one of a very select band of 'Keepers'.  Until I got the hots for @MikeS 's Johnson.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ben1984Ben1984 Frets: 111
    JerkMoans said:
    Ben1984 said:

Maybe the Reverb ones are panic fakes D 

Oops didn't see that second edit nice strat regardless glwts .
    Right.  Now we have got that all cleared up :lol: , anyone fancy what I believe is the cheapest Custom Shop Strat currently on sale in the UK?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    Sorry I’m talking rubbish - confused myself. It’s the floor travellers you don’t get on the special editions.
  • Well there’s been loads of free bumps, so that’s something  :)
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
    Pm’d
    In response to a couple of questions I've had about the all important weight factor:

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Withdrawn, as the thing I wanted to buy with the proceeds is no longer available.

Seems COAs more an issue than I’d anticipated :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    Stunning guitar fella and I’d of bit your hand off at that price if I was after a strat. You’re better keeping it than letting it go for less.
    Dan_Halen said:
    Stunning guitar fella and I’d of bit your hand off at that price if I was after a strat. You’re better keeping it than letting it go for less.
    Many thanks. And, precisely what I’m going to do, now my casual object of lust has left my fickle vision.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • GauGau Frets: 43
    edited March 2020
    Wonderful instrument, you've done right keeping it.
    For what it's worth: guitar surely came out with a certificate. Having it or not, only affects the guitar price. However, Fender Custom Shop support is very supportive and if things are still the same today, they can reissue you a new COA through an approved dealer. 
    Get in touch with them at consumerrelations@fender.com  or directly with the Custom Shop, may be this is still an option.

Again, very nice guitar.
    edited March 2020
    Gau said:
    Wonderful instrument, you've done right keeping it.
    For what it's worth: guitar surely came out with a certificate. Having it or not, only affects the guitar price. However, Fender Custom Shop support is very supportive and if things are still the same today, they can reissue you a new COA through an approved dealer. 
    Get in touch with them at consumerrelations@fender.com  or directly with the Custom Shop, may be this is still an option.

Again, very nice guitar.
    Thanks for the kind words, buddy.  And apols for what I'm about to do...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Right.  Back up.  Because GAS.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom