SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1990 Gibson J-185 Ltd Edition. SOLD

CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4256
edited April 2020 in Acoustics £
Really incredible guitar, now over 30yrs old and into that realm where acoustics really find their best voice. It is a true all-rounder, superb strummer and fingerpicker, sounds very warm but also punchy. They are the perfect size to hold, feel small with the narrower waste, but still have a reasonably large lower bout to generate solid bass. One of the best guitar designs, in terms of sound vs size.

This is a limited edition, from a run of 100, signed by Ren Ferguson, which is a bonus as he was a genuine legend and did great things at Gibson, and will add to the value in years to come. I believe this run was the first re-issue of this model since they were discontinued in 1959. There were less than 1000 in total of the originals made in the 50's. There haven't actually been too many runs of the J-185 at all down the years either.

Usual small dings and scratches you would expect on a guitar of this age, but there are no cracks, and the geometry is all perfect. Neck angle, bridge/saddle height, all 100% spot on. Plays like a dream everywhere on the neck.

£2395 £2295 delivered.   SOLD

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4256
    Armageddon bump. If humanity survives, this is definitely a guitar for life for someone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Very nice!
  • Beautiful Gibson! 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5004
    That’s a stunner, very nice!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Man, I keep coming back to this one. I've almost zero desire for new gear these days, but if, after we're out of this shitstorm, my Collings sells, I'd be very keen to see and hear this one in the flesh. :)