Share your band. Want to hear your music

What's Hot
Hi.

Just thought in these days of isolation, it would be great to hear your band, post the links and I will listen to all of them.

Here is ours to get started

Listen to Cherry Cola - Sam's Mix by Vietnam Flashbacks on #SoundCloud

It's had some internet radio plays, local station plays (well not local to me but in the UK) feedback from Ryan Adams (controversial but always was one of my favourites) Jesus Jones etc.

And this was mixed by Sam from sound on sound (thanks Sam if your reading)

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 739
    3 original tracks Way Back When, In With A Chance and Princess 

https://soundcloud.com/user-486151452
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 269
    Plus a cool wonderwall

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    You have a great voice,  really like the tone, fantastic, in a great way sometimes you sound a bit counting crows.

edited March 22
    In with a chance is just great, did you do that at home or in a studio.

@Cookiemonster thanks, loving your stuff too Cherry Cola I have heard before somehow. Vocal isn’t mine unfortunately and in fact neither is the guitar on In With A Chance lol. Went through a period where in order to get down a decent recording I used online session guitarist who did all the parts inc bass. Used another session guy for keys then we recorded the vocal in my house and finally had it mixed and mastered by @roman_sub. Bit of a cheat really I know but band pretty much gone our separate ways and I feared the opportunity was gone to get these tracks down. The covers are both all me with the singer and other guitarist recorded at home and live forever mix was put together by @paulmapp8306 ;
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Well they sound amazing, and I am sure I read that Loves forever changes was session players, so no shame in that, how did you find the session players ?

Just a great song btw, Its so up my street, what are your influences ? 

How was Cherry Cola put together? Great catchy tune reminds me of James Sit Down just a little and hints of Jarvis Cocker in the vocal... but I’m not great at picking up on stuff like that so could be off the mark lol. Great tune 
    Cherry cola was a fun thing really, we went to rehearsal and I did not have any pedals, so the keyboard play stuck the guitar through a very old delay pedal, which was noisy and gave the guitar an increase in gain.  I just played what was a jesus and the Mary chain chord sequence, similar to Head on.

The words just tumbled out in one take. Later when we went to record it properly the bass player and drummer did their parts live and we overdubbed the rest. It sounded very different, and at first I didn't like it.

The singer then sang my lines, far better than I ever could, and sounded a little Bowie, or psychedelic furs to me. 

I posted it on here and Sam from sound on sound remixed it, it was then I'm the fix a mix section in the magazine, he made it sound far more polished.

It's had quite a lot of plays for us at least. 

Oh and one comment online said it sounded like Modern English who I had never heard of, and it really does.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 5151
    Looking forward to listening to folks stuff from here

I'm not in a band, my band is my computer as I am not sociable enough to be in a group, but here goes

Listen to Two Teas, No Sugar by thecolourbox on #SoundCloud
    I want to be forgotten, and I don't want to be reminded
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Love it, that guitar sound makes me think of the cure.
    What do you use to record ?

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 16697
    edited March 22
    Here's one, from our (BlackHawkDown) abortive attempt to release the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SarCKsgXKV4

And my other band's album and EP from a few years ago...please forgive the dodgy editing, I was learning

https://closedcircuituk.bandcamp.com/album/violet-nights

https://closedcircuituk.bandcamp.com/album/fly-casual

(these last two are pay-what-you-like, so feel free to download them)
    During the Covid19 period, we're running a "phone a friend" facility.  Just to hear a voice, keep in touch, etc. , using "JitSi".

There's a Jitsi iOS/Android App, or you can just connect from a browser.

https://meet.jit.si/theFretBoard  |    pw: theFB  |    0121 468 3154  |  1000 and 2000 daily.
  • www.bridgedisaster.co.uk

For fans of: Tool, ISIS, Cult of Luna, Riverside, Porcupine Tree, prog+rock+metal+post in general.

Mixing our 4th album now, for release later in the year.
    TACOMA NARROWS BRIDGE DISASTER
    During the Covid19 period, tFB are running a "phone a friend" facility.  Just to hear a voice, keep in touch, etc. , using "JitSi".
    https://meet.jit.si/theFretBoard  |    pw: theFB  |    0121 468 3154  (pin 2491 5627 21#)   |  1000 and 2000 daily.
    Here's one, from our (BlackHawkDown) abortive attempt to release the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SarCKsgXKV4

And my other band's album and EP from a few years ago...please forgive the dodgy editing, I was learning

https://closedcircuituk.bandcamp.com/album/violet-nights

https://closedcircuituk.bandcamp.com/album/fly-casual

(these last two are pay-what-you-like, so feel free to download them)
    That Black Hawk Down track, sounds hige. Production really sounds crisp, clear and ready for radio. I think there is a plugger you can contact on FB that can get you on Kerrang. Seriously this is very impressive. I wish we could self produce and get a sound like that. 

• merlinmerlin Frets: 2474
    edited March 22
    Here's a track with a short clip from each track on my CD "Lawless, Winged & Unconfined".

Not too much guitar but possibly enough....we're not a guitar based band.... but we do have the excellent Glenn Sharp plucking lots. 

www.bridgedisaster.co.uk

For fans of: Tool, ISIS, Cult of Luna, Riverside, Porcupine Tree, prog+rock+metal+post in general.

The ambient parts I love, I am really into that ambient texture stuff at the moment,  I struggle to get something unique sounding when I do it, really need to play around with the pedals more.
    I don't know much by tool etc, but I like this, it does sound proggy in a good way and again production is first class, did you record this yourselves or use a producer. 

Fantastic guitars through out this, great to tone and energy in the rockier parts.

merlin said:
    here's a track with a short clip from each track on my CD "Lawless, Winged & Unconfined"

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/300346327&amp;color=#ff5500&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;show_teaser=true&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
    I can not get that link to load.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 5151
    Assuming you mean me (don't like to presume) yes the Sheena song was meant to be a rip off of a few 80s bands in general, the Cure included. At that time I was just using a Zoom G3, would have been Bassman model with a tubescreamer and chorus added, all within the G3 into Audacity
    I want to be forgotten, and I don't want to be reminded
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Assuming you mean me (don't like to presume) yes the Sheena song was meant to be a rip off of a few 80s bands in general, the Cure included. At that time I was just using a Zoom G3, would have been Bassman model with a tubescreamer and chorus added, all within the G3 into Audacity
    I did indeed. I love early cure stuff.  

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 16697
    That Black Hawk Down track, sounds hige. Production really sounds crisp, clear and ready for radio. I think there is a plugger you can contact on FB that can get you on Kerrang. Seriously this is very impressive. I wish we could self produce and get a sound like that. 
    Cheers - we didn't entirely self-produce, though. Guitars, bass and vocals were all recorded at home, but the drums were recorded by Andy Hawkins at The Nave in Leeds (he mixed it, too, and it was mastered by Dave Draper at Tower Studios).

I'll be honest, Andy's the key man in that - he made us sound like a real band, rather than a bunch of amateurs who'd consistently failed to finish recording an album for a decade ;)

As a point of interest...the guitars and bass are all Helix (a Helix LT, and occasional reamping with Helix Native).
    During the Covid19 period, we're running a "phone a friend" facility.  Just to hear a voice, keep in touch, etc. , using "JitSi".

https://meet.jit.si/theFretBoard  |    pw: theFB  |    0121 468 3154  |  1000 and 2000 daily.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 1987
    Just put this out and did our first gig weds before last. Feels like an eternity ago now

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/disastermind/complaints-procedure-10
  • robertyroberty Frets: 1987
    merlin said:
    Here's a track with a short clip from each track on my CD "Lawless, Winged & Unconfined".

Not too much guitar but possibly enough....we're not a guitar based band.... but we do have the excellent Glenn Sharp plucking lots. 

I really like this mate. Not what I was expecting at all
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 2474
    roberty said:
    merlin said:

Thanks very much, I appreciate you listening! 
    merlin said:
    roberty said:
    merlin said:

Thanks very much, I appreciate you listening! 
    This is totally different. I wasn't expecting this either

Cheers - we didn't entirely self-produce, though. Guitars, bass and vocals were all recorded at home, but the drums were recorded by Andy Hawkins at The Nave in Leeds (he mixed it, too, and it was mastered by Dave Draper at Tower Studios).

I'll be honest, Andy's the key man in that - he made us sound like a real band, rather than a bunch of amateurs who'd consistently failed to finish recording an album for a decade ;)

As a point of interest...the guitars and bass are all Helix (a Helix LT, and occasional reamping with Helix Native).
    Well the Helix sounds great, I wouldn't have known at all, just goes to show.
    I have the hx effects but haven't had a moddeler amp or pedalboard so this is very inspiring.

I wish our demos sounded like this. To be honest we just plug in and play and try to make the best of it 

• www.bridgedisaster.co.uk

The ambient parts I love, I am really into that ambient texture stuff at the moment,  I struggle to get something unique sounding when I do it, really need to play around with the pedals more.
    I don't know much by tool etc, but I like this, it does sound proggy in a good way and again production is first class, did you record this yourselves or use a producer. 

Fantastic guitars through out this, great to tone and energy in the rockier parts.
    Cheers dude. I engineered our first two albums by myself. The third was done with my production partner, and he's helping with the fourth one too.
    TACOMA NARROWS BRIDGE DISASTER
    During the Covid19 period, tFB are running a "phone a friend" facility.  Just to hear a voice, keep in touch, etc. , using "JitSi".
    https://meet.jit.si/theFretBoard  |    pw: theFB  |    0121 468 3154  (pin 2491 5627 21#)   |  1000 and 2000 daily.
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 308
    Here's one we made earlier....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48DQ6hppVc
  • I play bass in this band, 'Fires Of Freya' - https://open.spotify.com/artist/6xmYYoUiPt1OoWD1bizF7X

First single...

Second Single...

edited March 23
    I play bass in this band, 'Fires Of Freya' - https://open.spotify.com/artist/6xmYYoUiPt1OoWD1bizF7X

First single...

Second Single...

More fantastic production. I like the guitar on the first track and of course the bass is awesome, great tone. Is the Bass di'd ?
    Second single is great as well. Not sure what the influences are. Love the simple unaffected guitar, it's a little frusciante.

steven70 said:
    Here's one we made earlier....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48DQ6hppVc
    Now this I like, it's very much our kind of vibe as well.  What a great band.