SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Bargain for anyone near Southampton - Fender Classic 70s Strat - £350

What's Hot
jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
edited March 2020 in Guitars £
I'm not sure if this is allowed, and apologies if not etc and take down. I just saw on eBay a Fender Classic 70s Strat in olympic white and MN for £350 which is a total bargain They're only allowing collection in person and as I'm in Edinburgh it's no good for me. Thought I'd share on here for anyone interested! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5012
    Decent price.  :)

But that fugly headstock...  ;)  :o
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    The only classic strat that looks "good" in a poly finish. :)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
    I like the chunky necks on these. 70s headstocks are a bit like marmite though eh. 
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    I thought £350 wouldn't be a bargain for a Mex strat. What's special about this one?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Classic 70s Strats tend to go for at least £100 more than £350. Although admittedly they usually have all their saddles and ferrules at that money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Classic 70s Strats tend to go for at least £100 more than £350. Although admittedly they usually have all their saddles and ferrules at that money.
    Haha! I didn’t notice that! 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4137
    Would be great for playing Yngwie/Blackmore /Hendrix on 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Classic 70s Strats tend to go for at least £100 more than £350. Although admittedly they usually have all their saddles and ferrules at that money.

I was thinking how the hell do you lose a tuner bushing, then I noted that whoever put those string on wasn't big on detail. 
  • I really, really want this model with the black finish. 
    I wanted one for ages in the natural ash finish. Played one finally and really didn’t like the 7.25 ratio and vintage frets. It’s got a U shaped neck though which I do love. 
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
    This is actually just up the road from me, but they're closed due to Coronachan.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    Fuengi said:

I was thinking how the hell do you lose a tuner bushing, then I noted that whoever put those string on wasn't big on detail. 

Description:

This guitar is in very good condition with minimal signs of use. The Guitar plays wells, keeps tune and all switches and knobs are fully functional. The machine heads and tuning pegs are in good working order with no signs of rust. The head stock is in very good condition with no dents or cracks. The neck is in very good condition and is not bent, dented or cracked. The fret board shows no signs of wear. The frets are in good condition with some sings of use. The body is in very good condition with no dents, scratches and cracks. The pick-ups are fully functional with no signs of rust. The bridge is in good condition with very little signs of wear.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    prowla said:
    Fuengi said:

Description:

This guitar is in very good condition with minimal signs of use. The Guitar plays wells, keeps tune and all switches and knobs are fully functional. The machine heads and tuning pegs are in good working order with no signs of rust. The head stock is in very good condition with no dents or cracks. The neck is in very good condition and is not bent, dented or cracked. The fret board shows no signs of wear. The frets are in good condition with some sings of use. The body is in very good condition with no dents, scratches and cracks. The pick-ups are fully functional with no signs of rust. The bridge is in good condition with very little signs of wear.

I hear this in my head said in that straw sucking Southampton accent. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's gert grubby as furk an' all.

Just look at the volume knob in that pic above!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If that was the rosewood & natural version I wouldn't even hesitate. For that price I'd happily clean someone else's grime off it.