Feline Guitars activity during the lockdown

What's Hot
FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
edited March 2020 in Guitar tFB Trader
Hi Folks - these are very trying times we find ourselves in.

I have the "pleasure" of self isolating myself at work, so I can be in the workshop, and take care of the cat too.
Tom is taking time out at home, looking after his mum.

Whilst Tom will be spending time improving his online computer gaming and most likely some DIY at home, I will be seeing what guitar work I can turn my hand to.

I have some custom builds that I can get on with so there is plenty to be doing for now 
I will give updates on the projects and I will be doing some stock builds too that were on the back-burner, so at least some sunshine there. 

I will try to find more time to add things to our for sale listings here and elsewhere.
 We are keeping the eBay, Reverb and website shops open for now while we can still get a courier to collect.
I may do something of a blowout on any older builds and things we have lying around, partly to clear the decks and also to help keep paying the rent etc, so we might still be around when this all blows over. Hope to list a load of stuff at a grand or under.

We will be taking commissions for new builds and we will put up details of what we already have in the works that are not being built for someone, so you can give a shout if something looks like it would be just right for you.

I can be reached at the workshop by phone and email during office hours, so don't feel afraid to catch up on the phone as you normally might, and happy to talk about repairs, builds and whatever else. 0208 680 9131

We still have some of our beautiful 25th anniversary builds (not part of the blowout)....picture for attention.
We may blow out some of the special 25th Anniversary ThorpyFX Peacekeepers though......fab pedals!

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
    tFB Trader
    A few to keep me busy

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
    Red needs a new nut and some fettling after a few years of abuse now. Had been meaning to drop her off with you before quarantine.

https://youtu.be/qOEBuht8ONI
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    Red needs a new nut and some fettling after a few years of abuse now. Had been meaning to drop her off with you before quarantine.

https://youtu.be/qOEBuht8ONI
    I love the look and sound of this guitar so much
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    A blowout on felines..... sounds like a better use of funds than eating:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    sgosden said:
    A blowout on felines..... sounds like a better use of funds than eating:)
    Totally agreed. Who needs loo rolls when a hose and an inelegant squat will suffice (don't use a Karcher though)...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1590
    Glad you're ok Jonathan and able to be productive, hopefully this will give you income.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72297
    Wishing you the very best of luck from Strung Out in Glasgow... this is going to be a rough ride for all of us.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    I intended to get down last sat about the Fender with its strap holey being the holiest of all holies. 

But in the end didnt manage it.. but that for sure is on the cards, only small business I know though. 

Pretty sure I can find some work on my others for ya though too!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • barneydbarneyd Frets: 15
    Hope you're bearing up at this shitty time. I'm still loving No.6. Playing it everyday, and it's definitely helping me get through being stuck inside!
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    my god you are making some beautiful stuff....
    play every note as if it were your first
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    I’m sure I can get around to buying another Randall module off of you :)
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 291
    It's good that you're safe and able to stay productive.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649

The sheer awesomeness of that guitar ought to protect a person from coronavirus.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    I'm not sure whether to keep looking in case there's a blowout, or make sure I don't look in case there's a blowout!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I do like my Les Paul, but sometimes I look at those and think maybe I should sell it and buy one.  The purple one on the Feline website is stunning:

Problem is now is not a good time to sell a Les Paul.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    tFB Trader
    All the best @FelineGuitars

I've said it before, you are an artist.

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    I'm coming to the end of my second week of working from home. One thing has kept me sane(ish)...

But like @Snags says I shall be hiding behind the sofa if there's a Feline blow-out. I have no idea if I'll have a job in 8 weeks time; now is not the time for me to be buying another pet cat...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5368
    @McToot ; I'm thinking that if there is a Feline blowout then either a Lion or a Gothic could cause me some serious damage.

I may have to put Mrs Snags on the game if I can find a suitable niche market.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hope you're well Jonathan! I'm still enjoying my Strat!

I've had dangerous thoughts of a custom built semi-acoustic type guitar based on Noel Gallagher cos I was a huge Oasis fan....haha.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    A peacekeper might be hard to resist.
    Don't touch that dial.