Tim Burgess’ twitter listening parties

What's Hot
MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3023
edited March 2020 in Music
Heads up for any music obsessives. These are great, something to occupy and unite in these strange times. Basically everyone listens to an album at the same time and tweets, with one or two of the band also tweeting, with Tim Burgess as master of ceremonies. Last night I did Ride’s Going Blank Again. Good insights by Andy Bell. It was quite emotional sharing the experience of an album that means so much to me. 

Tonights it’s Definatley Maybe with Bonehead. Not my bag, but coming up in the next few days: Slouvlaki, Dog Man Star, Heaven or Las Vegas, Soft Bulletin, etc

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/mbrs-of-blur-oasis-ride-the-charlatans-the-fall-more-hosting-online-listening-parties-of-classic-albums/

#timstwitterlisteningparty
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Am I ‘the only one I know’ who’s been listening to these? Last night was Slowdive’s Slouvlaki, some good insights on its recording and writing from the band members. Tonight, Mwng by SFA! 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    I like reading the tweets, Bonehead is pretty funny as is Liam when he pipes up but don't listen to the albums with them, I did listen to Slouvlaki yesterday though, love a bit of Slowdive
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3023
    edited April 2020

They seem to be getting quite popular on twitter, there's a lot lined up over the next couple of weeks. I've not partaken in the oasis ones, they are not my cup of tea.

I really did enjoy listening to Mwng by Super Furry Animals last night, I hadn't done so in a while. Such a brilliant album. Gruff Rhys was on fire with the tweets. I first saw him play in 92 with his old band, Ffa Coffi Pawb, and I've seen the furries many times, they have played quite a big part in my life. Anyway, he tweeted a photo of a Mwng pedal, the controls being Uwch (Louder) and Mwy (More).

• duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Cheers I didn’t know this was a thing.

The brooklynvegan website looks good too. Hopefully there is some good recommendation/album reviews on there.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Am I ‘the only one I know’ who’s been listening to these? Last night was Slowdive’s Slouvlaki, some good insights on its recording and writing from the band members. Tonight, Mwng by SFA! 
    Bugger, didn't see this.  Missed the Cocteaus, Slowdive, and SFA.

• One of my all time fave albums tonight, Bandwagonesque by Teenage Fanclub, with tweets by Norman Blake. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyDAndyD Frets: 2
    Grunfeld said:
    Am I ‘the only one I know’ who’s been listening to these? Last night was Slowdive’s Slouvlaki, some good insights on its recording and writing from the band members. Tonight, Mwng by SFA! 
    Bugger, didn't see this.  Missed the Cocteaus, Slowdive, and SFA.

Think you can get them on "replay" via Tim's website -https://timstwitterlisteningparty.com/ 
  • AndyDAndyD Frets: 2
    edited April 2020
    Sorry, duplicate post
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    Think Low's I Could Live in Hope is coming up. Tempted by that. I really struggle with Twitter though... Always have...
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience