Schaller megaswitch m wiring

Hi guys

First of all  be patient with me . I have not done a guitar wiring in my life . 
However I have 2 hands ,parts and solder iron.
What I want to do , is to install completely new wiring , going from 3 to 5 way switch . 
The guitar in question has 2 humbuckers , 1 volume and 1 tone .
The switch is a schaller megaswitch M . I have downloaded wiring schematic , but would much more appreciate some photos or videos . Please share if you have some , that will help me big time.
I have checked YouTube , but haven't found a single video with schaller switch ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7764
    The Schallers are different to a regular superswitch, annoyingly. IIRC Ernie Ball MM guitars use them as stock so look out for their wiring diagrams online. 
  • JazzthatJazzthat Frets: 163
    Thanks buddy , I'll check it out.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    Which options do you want? There are many possible set-ups with two humbuckers, with different sets of coils operating in the middle three positions.

https://schaller.info/en/megaswitch-m shows some of them - HH5, HH6 or HH8.

You can also do the 'PRS' or 'MusicMan' schemes.

In this case photos or videos are actually going to be much harder to work from than the wiring diagrams, they tend to end up looking like spaghetti.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Thanks . As for which coil splitting option , I am not sure . I am totally new to this .
    Any general recommendations what ppl normally go for ?
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7764
    Jazzthat said:
    Thanks . As for which coil splitting option , I am not sure . I am totally new to this .
    Any general recommendations what ppl normally go for ?
    Full splits are awful. Go partial split with a 5-8k resistor or both humbucker coils in parallel. 
    I am not sure what are you saying lol . What i have done so far , is to copy typical soldering of pots , capacitor and jack . Then i downloaded megaswitch M schematics and noticed , that i have possibly solder things wrongly arrrgh. 
    I am working on posting pictures here to show you guys ,what is going on.
    this what I have done so far 

This is what I want to do ...I think 

Also because I am complete knob I could use your help identifying cable colours , as they are different from Seymour Duncan colour coding .

I could really do with translating colour codes. The rest of it makes sens 
    Could no wait and figure it out .

edited March 2020
    I think this is not too bad for first time . I have abused the soldering tip so I'll need to get a new one  for next project  lol . And silver solder wasn't the easiest to work with 
    I have got to say , that schallers megaswitch isn't particularly the easy switch to work with and it involves a lot of soldering for a total novice .
    Also I am not impressed with dunlop pots . They don't have  stepped volume adjustment as I hoped for and from 6 o'clock to 3 o'clock sound completely mutes . 
    I have some proper hifi pots I will use on next guitar . Hopefully they will be better .
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    Jazzthat said:

Also I am not impressed with dunlop pots . They don't have  stepped volume adjustment as I hoped for and from 6 o'clock to 3 o'clock sound completely mutes .
    That sounds like you might have overheated the pots, so the wiper contacts the casing as it goes round and shorts out the signal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein