Radiohead in Rainbows basement session is immense

What's Hot
CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 883
edited March 2020 in Music
If your bored and haven't seen it. Put it on. Just fantastic

The whole thing is in Youtube

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9714
    I thoroughly enjoy every one of the From The Basement episodes. That was probably the first time I'd listened to Radiohead as well.

I think it was Nigel Godrich's series wasn't it? Vaguely recall that from when he did the White Stripes one, isn't he something to do with Radiohead?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    I have watched that session so many times, and it's inspirational each and every time.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26973
    Wis. Absolutely spectacular. the KoL one is good too, though doesn't have Myxomatosis so will never be quite as good.  

Apparently they tried a Moon Shaped Pool one but couldn't get happy enough with arrangements to film it. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 883
    edited March 2020
    Wis. Absolutely spectacular. the KoL one is good too, though doesn't have Myxomatosis so will never be quite as good.  

Apparently they tried a Moon Shaped Pool one but couldn't get happy enough with arrangements to film it. 
    That's such a shame, a moon shaped pool one would have been amazing

Myxomatosis is incredible, what a tune, the optimist is on this as well. Great song

Have you heard Thom do Bloom from the electric ladyland show. Just stunning

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStu said:
    I have watched that session so many times, and it's inspirational each and every time.
    Isn't it just. Love that crazy one where Thom plays drums.

• I thoroughly enjoy every one of the From The Basement episodes. That was probably the first time I'd listened to Radiohead as well.

I think it was Nigel Godrich's series wasn't it? Vaguely recall that from when he did the White Stripes one, isn't he something to do with Radiohead?
    Yes he is, he also did other bands and has his own music. But yes without him it would all sound different. 

I haven't watched other bands at the basement so will have to check them out

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    FWIW the Feist episode is even better, but the full version is not available online