SUHR ACE

What's Hot
VoxsupertwinVoxsupertwin Frets: 335
edited March 2020 in Amps
Anyone know if you can use the SUHR ACE without an amp?.....looking to record from its output using a line level signal straight in but no amp or speaker cab involved.....just want to get the speaker emulation applied to my signal.....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    Nope - it's just a speaker emulator but not a load

You need the Reactive Load with the ACE or Reactive load IR to avoid a firework display from your amp
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
  • I don’t want to,use an amp at all.....just take the output of my pedalboard into the ACE and then into my Focusrite DAW interface......
  • I don’t want to,use an amp at all.....just take the output of my pedalboard into the ACE and then into my Focusrite DAW interface......
    @SunDevil is telling you that the Suhr ACE is merely a speaker emulating DI...not a load box.

Your amp needs to see a load...usually a speaker. But if you want silent recording, you'd need a 'load box' to replace the speaker...such as the Suhr RL...or you can get a single device to do both jobs, e.g. the Suhr RL IR
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Re-read...

No amp...*at all*...erm, okay...you can use the ACE...but it wants a line level input signal (typical pedalboard signal might be a bit low) and ideally your pedalboard would have some form of 'amp-like' pedal on it.
  • They are on a good deal at Guitar Guitar....£145.....£170 discount....I’ll get one and if it’s not right it can always go back......thanks to all.....
  • Stonking price! I use mine at gigs instead of mic'ing up...sounds great.
  • Stonking price! I use mine at gigs instead of mic'ing up...sounds great.
    Arrived today....it was £149.....still an amazing price.....it does work without an amp or a speaker using the line in and out sockets, but you do have to have your level up around 0db for the tone controls to function properly.....
    I tried it with one of my amps....and it is very good.....using a dummy load....performance is much better and more what I expected...so I will use it with the amp for recording....no hum or extraneous noise on the signal either....records really well into Logic.
  • Yeah, I gave mine a go...just feeding my pedalboard into the line input...needed a lot of boosting.

Glad it's going to be useful for you ;)