Squealing?

What's Hot
tekbowtekbow Frets: 1687
This doesn't sound right.

I mean, squealing, yeah theres a lot of gain flying around through a boosted crunch channel, except none of my other guitars do it apart from one which is an SSS strat.

This one is a Tele with bridge HB. I'm pretty sure there shouldnt be a hum cum squeal like that that disappears when you touch any metal part with an HB.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    That's quite normal. If it stops when you touch any metal part then your guitar needs more shielding.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1687
    ICBM said:
    That's quite normal. If it stops when you touch any metal part then your guitar needs more shielding.
    Alright, guess I'm spoiled with my other HB axes, cuz none of them do that with the same set up.

Neither'd this one until I set the pedal board up though.

Anyways, as long as I'm in no danger of getting cooked, that's fine.
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 189
    I’m not very technical, but that doesn’t sound at all normal to me. Not with a humbucking pickup.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    johnhe said:
    I’m not very technical, but that doesn’t sound at all normal to me. Not with a humbucking pickup.
    The problem is lack of shielding, not lack of humbucking - you can tell because it stops when you touch the guitar metalwork.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson