SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

wtd - Gibson Custom Memphis '61 ES-330TD

MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
edited April 2020 in Guitars £
Just missed a couple of these that came up in last year or so - sell me yours if you’re thinking of moving it on

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    Cash awaits!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2189
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1418
    That’s a very overpriced 335. He’s looking for a 330. 
    Ah, sorry.  Read that as 335 for some reason. 

Definitely, massively optimistic price though.    

• BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 152
    Fishboy7 said:
    Ah, sorry.  Read that as 335 for some reason. 

Definitely, massively optimistic price though.    

Optimistic!? That's the understatement of the year! Haha easily £1200 overpriced I'd say
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1418
    Peach sold a second hand one of those for £2995 last year, and that’s from a guitar shop. Second hand private value shouldn’t be more than £2500, so easily at least £2100 overpriced!
    Yeah - I sold one identical to that for £2,500, and I'd probably shave a bit off that now in the stagnant market.  

Apologies to @Marshall for the thread deviation.  
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1173
    I recently sold a really great Wildwood spec 59 ES-330 well below that price point. I've also sold a great 59 Rusty Anderson ES-335 below that price point. The market is a bit stopped, but it seems like a lot of people are still overpricing their Gibsons. 

I'd wait for one to show up here in the forum. At a more realistic price.
    Fishboy7 said:
    Yeah - I sold one identical to that for £2,500, and I'd probably shave a bit off that now in the stagnant market.  

Apologies to @Marshall for the thread deviation.  
    No harm done and thanks for all the contributions (and giggles!) guys :) Humour in these dark times is never more important!

On that eBay 335 listing price - I know 330s are in a completely different ball park in price point, but original 330s can be had for that kind of money if you look hard and long enough! IIRC I’m sure a couple of the ‘61 Custom Memphis RIs went on this board for around the 2k mark in the last 18 months or so?

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    They did. I bought one fairly recently - lovely guitar, and I only sold it because it had a Bigsby (which I don't like on a 330).  Absolutely lovely guitar though. In fact, I think I bought a couple plus a Wildwood spec '59 one like @brooom - I sold it in the end as the neck was just too chunky.

I bought my old one back in the end - '64-ish type neck, which I think was a limited edition from 2018 , in cherry - I'd recommend them as well. One sold on here a few weeks ago for about £1800, which was a very keen price indeed.

Call me Dave.
    Thanks @DB1 How does your 2018 Ltd neck compare with the Memphis '61 Reissues? 

From memory - very, very similar.  Possibly mine (64-ish) is a little more rounded, and from memory the '61 was slightly shallower, but both lovely necks without being too chunky. Very comfortable actually, although it's horses for courses, obviously. Here's mine - I'm not sure if they're all the same colour (the limited edition 2018 models).

Call me Dave.
    edited April 2020
    1 sunglasses is that a Nocturne Brain and 5e3 in the background? nice! Loving that Dansette too! 

edited April 2020
    Close - it's a Jr Barnyard, but yes, one of Tavo's! Excellent bit of kit. The amp's a Blues Jr, but that's gone now and been replaced by by a Tone King Falcon Grande. The Dansette is lovely - looks fab, sounds rotten. 
    Call me Dave.
    edited April 2020
    :+1: lol