Resistor and Simms Led Wiring help . Thanks

What's Hot

Can anyone give me some help on a broken resistor and wiring of Simms leds .

1 - I broke the leg on one of the resistors as I was trying to reinstall the 3 switch but cannot figure out its colour code  , I think its 30 Ohms 1% .

2 - Wiring of the Simms  LEDS

There are two unshielded copper wires which connect to the base of the neck , one is marked positive which runs to the broken resistor on the 3 way but the negative does not seem to connect to anything ( the end of was shrink wrapped ) , is this right ?

Any help would be much appreciated, I had a shop dismantle the bass for me but I have not been able to get into contact with them to ask.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10397
    Hard to tell in that pic but looks like brown , blk blk which is 10R 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks, yes it's brown black black... I read the gold band as orange  which I guess was a mistake. 
  • Is there anyway of knowing the watts ? Not too sure which it is and I have seem then rated at but 1w and 2ws ?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Presumably you have tried asking SIMS?
  • axisus said:
    Presumably you have tried asking SIMS?

Tried but havent received a response as of yet...   Was able to source an resistor but still not been able to get the LEDS working  . The wires which connect to the end of the neck to power the LED are unsheilded and touch as they run into the body  ... one connects to the either side of the 3 way switch ( centre posistion runs to positive of a 9v battery ) .  WIll try and emailing them again and hopefully they'll be able to help . 

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Have you checked that you have continuity from the two ends of the wire still? I'd wrap a bit of insulation around them.

I put LEDS in a guitar neck that I built. It was VERY twitchy glueing the fretboard on knowing that I was stuffed if they didn't work. As it happens they worked but I prized the fretboard off again once it had set, to change the colour of the LEDs! LED fitting is not a job I'm in a rush to do again ....
  • Sorted now , did as suggested and put some heatshrink around one of the wires ...