This will mean nothing to any of you but I’ve finally come out!

What's Hot

Comments

• Groovy cool! Normal is who and how you are. Live the hell out of your life and rock on :)
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    The good thing for you is that it makes you feel better about yourself
      The best thing of all is that you'll find nobody else really cares one way or the other in todays world.
      I'm far more concerned that you have given yourself a Forum name that indicates an affection for overrated 70's Rock music.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Nice one, Zepp.

You only get one shot at life so make the most of it and be yourself, be free, but most of all be happy.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    Well done on being finally honest with yourself... now start living your life like you should have ;)
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Awesome news

It does mean a lot to us!  It's awesome in every sense 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    Well done fella!

Must have been difficult to do.

Hope you can live your life the way you want to now.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
      Something positive from this most miserable of times is an  absolute Gift.  Thank you for sharing.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Good for you.
    I can't think what it must be like to have to bury or be ashamed of something as fundamental to your "self" as your sexuality. That can only be harmful.

As a straight person, it's not something I've ever had to give even a passing thought, but when you feel that your own makeup might not be acceptable, or even offensive, to your family, well, that is something I can't begin to imagine

You must feel elated, and you should. Probably the biggest weight you've had on your shoulders for years.

• congratulations,  good move must be a load off your mind.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10268

Good on you mate.  Be happy. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 549
    One life - live it! 
    Well done to You!
  • Be true to yourself and you will always know you’ve made the right choice.

Unless you're a serial killer.  :)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good on you dude. Be happy

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Guess that explains why you are such a great dresser, being so long in the closet and all.. 

Congrats dude, glad you can be happy now. :)
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    Congrats man, enjoy your life to the full....the more happiness in the world, the better & hopefully you can instantly see how much people are pleased for you.
    If everybody could stop taking other people's preferences and political /religious beliefs a bit less seriously, then it'd surely be a better society and one in which freedom of expression wasn't such a difficult goal to attain
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897
    Sending a virtual high five over the medium of the internet (a wi-five?)

Pleased for you. Well done! 
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    Worth remembering,too, that this forum is made up of (probably!) a decent proportion of your peers, i.e people who are of a similar age and can therefore remember clearly the prejudices that would have existed in your youth (if not today too, sadly, in some quarters)....so perhaps the very peers you may have thought for years would reject you are noisily endorsing what you've done, despite any negative social programming that was around over the years.....for that we should commend everyone.This forum is indeed a great place.  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1795
    Nice one! I'm really happy that you've been able to tell people. That's great that you can now live normally.

I did think for a minute that it was going to be a rather poor taste April fool though!
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 322
    Congratulations!

If there's one thing that I see as a positive change in the world since I was younger (I'm about the same age as you) is that my younger relatives (nephew/niece, etc) all seem to be much more confident about coming out early. My nephew has been out as long as he's been dating, and despite growing up in the same kind of working class Scottish area that I grew up in, he seems to have taken it in his stride.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72317
    Worth remembering,too, that this forum is made up of (probably!) a decent proportion of your peers, i.e people who are of a similar age and can therefore remember clearly the prejudices that would have existed in your youth (if not today too, sadly, in some quarters)....so perhaps the very peers you may have thought for years would reject you are noisily endorsing what you've done, despite any negative social programming that was around over the years.....for that we should commend everyone.This forum is indeed a great place.  =)
    Indeed. While I am straight, I found it interesting that a lot of the boys who I was friendly with at junior school - generally the more intellectual, less sporty ones (I was never sporty really) were many of those who later turned out to be gay. I didn't stop being friends with them.

I also remember having the piss taken out of me - not by any of those boys, but by more of the 'cool' music crowd - for liking bands like Bronski Beat and Soft Cell, when they were thought of as 'gay music' rather than just 'music by people who happened to be gay'.

The irony is that this was at a minor English public school :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein