SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Callaham ) or other high end) trem block to fit Classic Player Strat trem

Anything about pls?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    Pm sent
  • Still looking
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Iv got an Eric Johnson fender trem block... but iv no idea if it’ll fit a classic player TRem? 
  • stuagu said:
    Iv got an Eric Johnson fender trem block... but iv no idea if it’ll fit a classic player TRem? 
    Any chance of some dimensions / measurements at all pls?
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 760
    The Callaham website suggests that the Made in Mexico Classic Player model uses the same block as the Mexican Standard Strat (so 52.5mm string spacing, with the same location for the mounting screws and arm). It should be possible to confirm this, assuming your guitar currently has the original trem, since the existing block should be marked 'PW29' on the base.

http://www.callahamguitars.com/tech_compatibility_strat.htm
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Kev Hurley block & arm cost me £27.50 delivered if that's any use, he can make any size and various metals etc. I've had three off him now, all good. He's at kevinh66 at hotmail.co.uk
  • stuagu said:
    Any chance of some dimensions / measurements at all pls?
    Apologies bud... forgot all about this... il go measure shortly. 
    What do you need ? 
  • stuagu said:
    Apologies bud... forgot all about this... il go measure shortly. 
    What do you need ? 
    Thanks man.

i guess string spacing and dimensions of the block and the mounting screw holes? Pics would also be nice
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    The Eric Johnson block definitely won’t fit. You need the narrower string spacing as mentioned by @CasperCaster above. I’ve bought blocks from both Callaham and Kev Hurley (see @Corvus’s post above), and they are very similar in quality. The only real difference is the price.
  • ADP said:
    The Eric Johnson block definitely won’t fit. You need the narrower string spacing as mentioned by @CasperCaster above. I’ve bought blocks from both Callaham and Kev Hurley (see @Corvus’s post above), and they are very similar in quality. The only real difference is the price.
    I suspected this might be the case so have dropped Callaham a line on their replacement block for Classic Players
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Corvus said:
    Kev Hurley block & arm cost me £27.50 delivered if that's any use, he can make any size and various metals etc. I've had three off him now, all good. He's at kevinh66 at hotmail.co.uk
    This ^
    Cannot be beaten for quality and price
  • ADPADP Frets: 184
    Here’s some information about the block you need from the UK distributor. Unless you’re set on the Callaham name, I’d contact Kev Hurley. It’s £50 more for the Callaham, and to my mind, there’s no difference in sound, function or quality.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    Our Fatcat guitar hardware blocks are cold rolled steel but at £47 for the block may fall into the Callaham territory.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

ADP said:
    Thanx for the info.
  • Our Fatcat guitar hardware blocks are cold rolled steel but at £47 for the block may fall into the Callaham territory.

Would I need a replacement trem arm?
    would the block be a direct replacement?
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 760
    Our Fatcat guitar hardware blocks are cold rolled steel but at £47 for the block may fall into the Callaham territory.

Would I need a replacement trem arm?
    would the block be a direct replacement?
    If, as I mentioned above, your current block is the 'PW29' block then it will be drilled for an M5 metric trem arm. 

Many replacement blocks are drilled for Imperial arms, that being 3/16" diameter with a 10/32 thread (what you'll find on a vintage Fender Strat).

When Kev Hurley was on eBay his default was for an M5 thread, but mine are all Imperial diameter 3/16" and 10/32 thread as that's what I asked him for. I believe Wudtone use metric M5. Callaham (being American) use Imperial.