SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: UAD Apollo Twin interface

What's Hot
goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
edited April 2020 in Studio & Rec £
As per title. Must be the original Thunderbolt version and preferably the Duo.

(anyone who reminds me that I sold one of these a few months ago, making me look like an indecisive fool will receive a Paddington Hard Stare)
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You sold one of these a few months ago.

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    No longer needed. Found out that the UAD promo (until 30th June) includes enough useful plugins to make buying new worthwhile.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 338
    What's the UAD promo?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Buy a new one from an approved dealer (£643 at tFB's favourite store, Andertons) and get £842's worth of extra plugins. Actually, the £842 is misleading, as these plugins are 50% off right now, so it's equivalent to £420 value. Oxide, Pure Plate, Antares, etc. No guitar amp sim, though.

As the secondhand Apollo Duos go for £500 or so and without warranty, it seemed worth it to me.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    goldtop said:
    Buy a new one from an approved dealer (£643 at tFB's favourite store, Andertons) and get £842's worth of extra plugins. Actually, the £842 is misleading, as these plugins are 50% off right now, so it's equivalent to £420 value. Oxide, Pure Plate, Antares, etc. No guitar amp sim, though.

As the secondhand Apollo Duos go for £500 or so and without warranty, it seemed worth it to me.
    Has your Apollo arrived mate ? How are you finding it ?

Im about to make my first steps....
    It hasn't arrived yet (CV19-related delays meant the next-day delivery promise wasn't possible).

But I had one before, as I mentioned in the OP. It worked perfectly for me (on an old 2012 Mac Mini). I bought it from another tFBer and - stupidly - sold it to another tFBer a few months ago. When I had it, 99% of the time was just for recording external instruments. The Duo model was definitely not lacking for my needs - mostly amp sims and preamps and sometimes reverb.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    edited April 2020
    Honestly, if you want a full mix (without printing effects or bouncing down) I would suggest a quad plus an Octo UAD2 expander.
    I frequently exhaust my Octo UAD2's DSP.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom