Best Movie Soundtrack - ever

What's Hot

Comments

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1778
    A Clockwork Orange

Is also not a gangster movie...more a gang movie, which isn't necessarily the same.
    I think you think you're in the other thread Mr vasselmeyer sir.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    @vasselmeyer I am going to take a stab in the dark here and suggest you are replying to the Gangster Movie thread whilst actually on the Soundtrack thread? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    A Clockwork Orange
    This or 2001 a Space Odyssey. Both excellent use of music to support the images. I wonder how much say Stanley Kubrick had in their choice? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    Southern Comfort
  • PerdixPerdix Frets: 136
    Pulp fiction for me. Some great songs on there
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    @vasselmeyer I am going to take a stab in the dark here and suggest you are replying to the Gangster Movie thread whilst actually on the Soundtrack thread? 

Oops...but technically I'm right. Donnie Darko isn't a gangster movie. However, in terms of the soundtrack, as a teenager in the 1980s, anything with Tears for Fears in it is a win for me. I played "Songs From the Big Chair" to death.
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 219
    Paris Texas, Crossroads and Blade Runner
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Agree tron daft punk soundtrack, Hardware (mental sci fi with Public Image Limited soundtrack.

Many spaghetti westerns.  Fight Club with the where is my find finale.
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3316
    Twin Fucking Town, fucking obvious like mun
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    boogieman said:
    A Clockwork Orange
    This or 2001 a Space Odyssey. Both excellent use of music to support the images. I wonder how much say Stanley Kubrick had in their choice? 
    Kubrick being Kubrick I expect he decided everything and no discussion!
    He'd heard Switched on Bach.

John Carpenter's soundtrack to Assault on Precinct 13 was a cracker too. Maybe it's dated, does it still sound good?
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4290
    Trainspotting must be up there. 

Can’t think of any others I like more. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 782
    The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    Midnight Express.........Georgio Moroder
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    Not a very sophisticated choice I know but I'd probably go Dusk til Dawn. I really don't like it as a film but the music makes the entire thing tolerable. Really the soundtrack and some pictures of kittens for an hour would be fine.   

guitars4you said:
    Just thinking about this, there is a difference between a movie with that great/well known 'theme' track like Pink Panther, or Dr No and the Saturday Night Fever style of movie, with an album full of well known songs
    But I think much of the SNF soundtrack was still written for the movie and became well known after? The more modern approach is to grab a bunch of well known tracks for instant reference ( my choice above sitting somewhere between the two as it has old stuff and some soundtrack specific material).

And whilst I'm here can I give honorary mention to:

Salma Hayek's snake dance tune was my favourite bit 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Dominic said:
    Not a very sophisticated choice I know but I'd probably go Dusk til Dawn. I really don't like it as a film but the music makes the entire thing tolerable. Really the soundtrack and some pictures of kittens for an hour would be fine.   

guitars4you said:
    Just thinking about this, there is a difference between a movie with that great/well known 'theme' track like Pink Panther, or Dr No and the Saturday Night Fever style of movie, with an album full of well known songs
    But I think much of the SNF soundtrack was still written for the movie and became well known after? The more modern approach is to grab a bunch of well known tracks for instant reference ( my choice above sitting somewhere between the two as it has old stuff and some soundtrack specific material).

And whilst I'm here can I give honorary mention to:

Salma Hayek's snake dance tune was my favourite bit 
    I remember the dance very well, I've no idea what the song was. Although it is another redeeming feature of the film; quite near the start there is a really horrible abduction episode and then by the end they are all fighting vampires and it goes silly. I am not a Tarantino fan at all but  it has this great Tex Mex soundtrack. Damn him!   

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357

Cavatina by Stanley Myers .... the theme from The Deer Hunter has to be a strong contender. 

For a collection of tunes assembled together for a film rather than a score I vote for this one 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    boogieman said:
    A Clockwork Orange
    Kubrick being Kubrick I expect he decided everything and no discussion!
    He'd heard Switched on Bach.

John Carpenter's soundtrack to Assault on Precinct 13 was a cracker too. Maybe it's dated, does it still sound good?
    Funny I was just thinking about John Carpenter’s Halloween, but only the theme tune sticks in my head so I’m not sure it qualifies for best soundtrack. 

Yeah you’re probably right about Kubrick.  ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    It's probably not a movie soundtrack in the conventional sense, but King Creosote's music for 'From Scotland With Love' is one of the most emotive things I've ever seen and heard. The last gig I went to before the lockdown was a full live performance with the film projected above the stage... absolutely magical.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    If we are on about all the tracks in the movie then surely The Blues Brothers comes into play

Plus American Graffiti

and apart from the Time of My Life track, most of Dirty Dancing has many great classic tracks