More Marriott - Ivison Guitars - The Fillmore & a Forum Collaboration...

What's Hot
IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
edited April 2020 in Guitar tFB Trader
Following on from @impmann's awesome Steve Marriott tribute Tele and seeing how many Steve Marriott fans we have on the board, I thought i'd introduce my latest model: The Fillmore.

The idea for this guitar actually started many years ago but finally came to fruition after I met Jon @rexter on the Fretboard stand at the 2019 Birmingham Guitar Show. Over the course of the weekend we realised we shared a passion for vintage guitars and vintage finishes and hatched a plan to collaborate together on a guitar build in the future.

I'd always loved the shape of the Epiphone Coronet, having first seen Steve Marriott playing his Dwight version with Humble Pie - one of my favourite bands - on an old VHS. On the 2013 Rockin' The Fillmore Complete Recordings (which I obviously bought) album Steve mentions his Coronet saying "“I’ve got a new axe! It’s too much, it’s gonna make me rock on, man!”

So the name 'The Fillmore' was solidified. 

It's not a slavish replica but I was able to take the shape and measurements from @guitars4you who kindly let me study his '63 Coronet. 

All mahogany construction, premium Indian Rosewood fingerboard, Sunbear SB '56 P90, Faber hardware, CTS TVT pots and Switchcraft jack supplied by our own Ed @sixstringsupplies and Jon shooting lightly aged 100% nitro finishes. We're going to do some funky colours too and perhaps some Fender custom colours to blur the lines a bit.

I'm really chuffed to be working with Jon (and Ed) on these guitars and really appreciate @digitalscream ;;;;@Bridgehouse & the forum for bringing us together to do something cool  

The guitars will be available exclusively through @ATB_Guitars in the coming months.

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
(formerly miserneil)
0reaction image LOL 17reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5005
    Wow! Stunna. Seriously.  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Oh man, that is bloody gorgeous!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14195
    tFB Trader
    I told you when I saw that guitar at the Brum show that it looks seriously cool - Surprised when I picked it up and played it that it felt better to play than my original did - Not sure if it is done to any difference in the frets, or what but far more of a balanced slick action along the whole fingerboard - Maybe a better/tighter tolerance on the neck/body pitch - Whatever you have made a mighty fine guitar - Good luck with future sales etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Noticed these on the ATB news and from Richard Henrys posts, they look amazing. Im another Marriott fan and have been on the look out for an Epi original but following Marks comments @guitars4you i must give one of these some serious consideration too!

• hoopshoops Frets: 224
    Fantastic looking rosewood fingerboard. Perfectly matched to a fantastic looking guitar. Nice one Neil and Jon. 
  • ATB_GuitarsATB_Guitars Frets: 214
    Yes, we look forward to stocking the entire @IvisonGuitars range just as soon as Neil can finish making them..! Great guitars.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14195
    tFB Trader
    Noticed these on the ATB news and from Richard Henrys posts, they look amazing. Im another Marriott fan and have been on the look out for an Epi original but following Marks comments @guitars4you i must give one of these some serious consideration too!
    check one out - IMO £2500 is a very good price for a mighty fine hand built replica - You'd pay more than that for a good clean vintage version that you'd probably be worried about taking out to gig - Whilst others might prefer other colours, that aged shoreline gold looks mighty cool
  • PC1971PC1971 Frets: 372
     ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for the kind words chaps, it is much appreciated!

Here's our own @PC1971 giving it a quick work out through a Lazy J20. Paul also took the photos AND came up with my logo AND plays guitar in my band...he's a great bloke to know! ;) 

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    Oh my word, that is saucy!

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    Oof - Really nice.
  • Revolting1Revolting1 Frets: 295
    A few months ago I was watching and listening to some old footage of Stevie Marriot tearing it up again on what I assumed would remain an un-identifyable guitar.

I'm totally made up that thanks to your collaborative efforts it's not only Identified but if I can restore my wallet
              potentially purchasable.

Many many thanks Gents.
    When logic and proportion
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wineredwinered Frets: 78
    Tasty looking guitar.
    Thought some people might be interested in Steve Walwyn's latest creation. The Dr Feelgood guitarist has made himself a Dwight.   

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC1971PC1971 Frets: 372
    Cheers my friend! ;-) @IvisonGuitars ;
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    winered said:
    Tasty looking guitar.
    Thought some people might be interested in Steve Walwyn's latest creation. The Dr Feelgood guitarist has made himself a Dwight.   

Enjoyed that!