NGD: Vigier Excalibur

What's Hot
donbotdonbot Frets: 360
edited April 2020 in Guitar
Thought I’d do my first NGD post. Been gassing for one of these for a while. Sold a couple of less frequently used guitars, one on here, one and the bay of e. 
So far loving it. I wanted something quite bright and I’m not disappointed! The maple neck and Amber pickups really help. 
I chucked in a closeup of the trem if anyone is interested. It’s Vigiers own design. 
Stainless frets make things a lot smoother and zero fret is a nice touch. Tuning stability seems solid but I’ve only just put some Elixir nanos on so time will tell. 
0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Amazing amazing guitars. I regret selling mine to this day.
    Happy NGD! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice! Happy NGD :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 360
    Thanks guys. It is rather well put together. And pretty to boot, I think. Build quality easily on par with my Xotic. 
    I can’t stop looking at it and playing with it! This is the wedding day though, hopefully the honeymoon will carry on in the same vein :#
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    Time to shred!  :)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22738
    Looks great!  I've always been fascinated by the features of Vigier guitars - the carbon fibre in the neck, stainless frets and especially the ball bearing pivot system for the bridge.  Never actually tried one though.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    Love Vigiers, one day ;)
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Brilliant guitars, and the trem is great - enjoy :) 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3044
    Nice! I really need to try one of these out. I tried the Excalibur Indus years ago but I was only a kid at the time so I don't remember what it felt like.
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I like that. Got an 80s super Strat vibe to it. Looks great.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3971
    Awesome; some of the rock art ones have looked a bit underwhelming but that's cool.
  • I have an Excalibur Indus and two GVs.  They're all great guitars to play, incredibly well built with some great touches that made them perfect touring guitars.  I was lucky enough to have a factory visit a few years ago, the QC is unbelievable. A lot  of bodies and necks made their scrap pile for the tiniest flaw or blemish.

I'm really fancying a strat at the moment.  Does anyone know how the Excalibur compares to one?
    Defo agree with the 80s look @AlexC. It’s tone suits the decade too. Well chuffed. 
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    I have an Excalibur Indus and two GVs.  They're all great guitars to play, incredibly well built with some great touches that made them perfect touring guitars.  I was lucky enough to have a factory visit a few years ago, the QC is unbelievable. A lot  of bodies and necks made their scrap pile for the tiniest flaw or blemish.

I'm really fancying a strat at the moment.  Does anyone know how the Excalibur compares to one?
    https://www.guitarinteractivemagazine.com/issues/issue-20/reviews/vigier-expert-retro-54/
    There’s a rather nice retro white one at Peach @ManWithoutSkin. SSS config and a Jack demo in the vid. Strat tones but better build quality and modernised hardware. Neck is thinner than Strat but not in Ibanez Wizard territory. 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    I'm very jealous - Great choice.

Vigier make an unbelievable rock Guitar/Bass.
  • pickergpickerg Frets: 30
    Congratulations! I’m intrigued by these- they have definitely come onto my radar recently.
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3971
    edited April 2020
    I have an Excalibur Indus and two GVs.  They're all great guitars to play, incredibly well built with some great touches that made them perfect touring guitars.  I was lucky enough to have a factory visit a few years ago, the QC is unbelievable. A lot  of bodies and necks made their scrap pile for the tiniest flaw or blemish.
    Did you get to see their secret fret-levelling process?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    That’s stunning!  Sold mine to raise some cash in harder times, but was the best built guitar I’ve ever owned.
  • pickergpickerg Frets: 30

How is the Indus as they seem a bit cheaper than the other models?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    thats awesome

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com