EBay auctions collection only...really!!??!

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
edited April 2020 in Guitar
With social distancing and serious risk from Covid 19 indiscriminately killing people from all ages and walks of life....how's that gonna work??!!  

Are people really still collecting gear from total strangers??
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27437
    Only essential stuff.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27437
    gringopig said:
    If you are not about to pop your clogs any time soon anyway you will be fine.

That’s great.

Thanks Doc.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    Only essential stuff.
    Ah that would be P90,s .Thats all right then

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12886
    Voxman said:

Are people really still collecting gear from total strangers??
    Yes, because unfortunately people are pretty fucking thick. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    It shouldn’t be collect only  even when there is no virus ,  if people want to use it like a newsagents window or the classifieds in the paper they should stick to gumtree and Facebook marketplace . I saw a thr10X the other week ,collection only. If they can’t be arsed to pack that up then they shouldn’t be selling online .

ive seen boss pedals collection only .

now we have services like interparcel  UPS and packing readily available if you look for it there’s no need.  I haven’t even got the luxury of a car to travel to a big town or city to get packing but I can usually scrounge some up.  
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Well, at least you guys have made me laugh!  =)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    It’s one of my pet peeves , I tend to get a little excitable .its worse if it’s one of my dream items 
  • vizviz Frets: 10683
    I’ve just sold a bicycle, he’s passing by on Monday evening. He’s a key worker and my house is en route to his job. I was thinking I’d leave it locked up in our drive and give him the combination number and ask him to leave the lock on the ground there. I’ve got his phone number and email etc and he has 100% feedback. What do you reckon?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11886
    viz said:
    I’ve just sold a bicycle, he’s passing by on Monday evening. He’s a key worker and my house is en route to his job. I was thinking I’d leave it locked up in our drive and give him the combination number and ask him to leave the lock on the ground there. I’ve got his phone number and email etc and he has 100% feedback. What do you reckon?
    sounds like a good plan
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11886
    I bet any collection-only auction goes for a lower price than normal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    In normal times I like to take a drive somewhere for a day out on the weekend and sometimes I'd just point in a direction and see where I got to, whilst others I'd let an ebay collection decide where I'd go.

We're not in normal times, so I'm not bidding on collection only items; I might do something if it was local (with appropriate precautions), but anything further afield is a no...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    viz said:
    Absolutely.  I’d do that without thinking.  I’ve recently sent £1000 PPG to 2 forum members, most people are trustworthy 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5005
    gringopig said:
    viz said:
    Trust the honesty of your fellow man I say.
    Don't forget to wash the lock thoroughly afterwards in case he’s transferred CV to it, and then your hands of course.  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • vizviz Frets: 10683
    gringopig said:
    viz said:
    Trust the honesty of your fellow man I say.
    Don't forget to wash the lock thoroughly afterwards in case he’s transferred CV to it, and then your hands of course.  :)
    I’m going to transfer it to a bucket of bleach using a punt pole. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1281
    Sold a piece of furniture yesterday. Left it sanitised on a driveway, buyer arrived, checked condition, paid with paypal and took it home. All as arranged.
    Can be done safely if you let the buyer know your conditions prior to sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    If it's one of your dream items you'll make the effort to go collect it;)
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    edited April 2020
    I recently sold some electrical equipment. Arranged a time with the buyer and just before he arrived I put it on the front drive on an extension lead so he could see it was working. He arrived and checked it then put cash payment in an envelope under my car windscreen wiper. He then went back over to his car in the road while I went out and checked the payment with surgical gloves D Said thanks and went back inside while he took the equipment. A totally bonkers way of doing business but we both just laughed about it and felt safe. One to tell the grandkids one day  B
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom