Lockdown band rehearsal

fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4094
edited April 2020 in Making Music
My new band and I want to keep up rehearsal despite the lockdown.  We each videoed our respective parts to a backing track then I synced it all up.  Came out quite well, but not the same as playing together.   Is there a practical way to play together remotely without too much latency?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    My new band and I want to keep up rehearsal despite the lockdown.  We each videoed our respective parts to a backing track then I synced it all up.  Came out quite well, but not the same as playing together.   Is there a practical way to play together remotely without too much latency?

you've done that thing where it's a photo not a video link. Looking forward to listening when the vid is up mate :)
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4094
    Ah thanks @Vibetronic ;

Here's the actual link

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Sounds great, good job! We're trying something similar this week on Zoom, and I'm starting lessons online with Zoom too so will see how the latency is then. One of my bandmates mentioned something called Jamkazam or similar but no idea what that's like. 

Thanks @Vibetronic ; cheers.   I looked at jamkazam and it seems amazing for lessons and rehearsing if it truly works as they say.   For recording though I'd like a little more control over thr audio and video.  If they allowed download of each recorded audio and video separately that's be super useful.