Lockdown build No.2 '60s style thinline Tele 3TSB relic

What's Hot

Here's lockdown build No.2 - a special from the eBay used parts drawer. Did some of this in the garden, Amazingly fresh air here in London SW2.

I'm a habitual used parts buyer. I was supposed to sell these parts but as they are there well they might as well go together and I think they look alright together.

Don't know much about some of these parts.

The body is relic'd nitro 3 tone sunburst finish. I has a lot of checking and some interesting wear but I never really liked the grain pattern and it's a little heavier than I prefer. The whole guitar weights about 8 pounds which is a bit heavy for a thinline but it balances well. The pickups are some kind of '60s style overwind. They are pretty meaty a bit like the Texas Special I'd say.

The neck is a used MIM Classic series from 2008. It's had the frets re-profiled to a 9.5 but with a 7.25 board radius. Reliced by me.

Don't know who made the saddles, the control hardware or the guard.

It plays very well, low action. The sound is a touch hot for a trad '60s thinline sound but it's very rocky and bluesy. I could gig with it.

Ok still got necks, hardware and pickups but no bodies left. Any got a nitro body they don't want?

IMG_6252JPG
IMG_6255JPG
IMG_6257JPG
IMG_6259JPG
IMG_6268JPG
IMG_6277JPG
IMG_6279JPG
IMG_6281JPG
IMG_6295JPG
IMG_6312JPG
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    Looks spot on! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    So what was number 1?
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2283
    DrBob said:
    So what was number 1?
    You may have seen the Shoreline gold relic build thread recently posted
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27472
    rze99 said:
    I'm a habitual used parts buyer. I was supposed to sell these parts but as they are there well they might as well go together and I think they look alright together.

I've done the same through the years  - bought odds & ends when people are selling stuff, put it away in a drawer/cupboard for a few years, and then get it out and thing "what can I make from this lot".
    :D

You're clearly far better with the recipe book than me!!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Great stuff !

Having seen your Lockdown Chamber pics - just how many more Teles are planned ? ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    Great stuff !

Having seen your Lockdown Chamber pics - just how many more Teles are planned ? ;)
    I know it’s totally nuts. No plan at all.  I’m doing a Jazz bass next. Got a beautiful body coming from @Rexter ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    rze99 said:

I've done the same through the years  - bought odds & ends when people are selling stuff, put it away in a drawer/cupboard for a few years, and then get it out and thing "what can I make from this lot".
    :D

You're clearly far better with the recipe book than me!!
    Thanks yes I see the used parts that I know will work and get them keeps the costs low.  Sometimes I have a very specific build plan others like these just because available. The thin line is a cracking guitar actually it’s really got something going on. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27472
    rze99 said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Great stuff !

I know it’s totally nuts. No plan at all.  I’m doing a Jazz bass next. Got a beautiful body coming from @Rexter ;
    You'll not be disappointed with that!    Jon's a top man.
    :+1:
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    rze99 said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Great stuff !

You'll not be disappointed with that!    Jon's a top man.
    :+1:
    He is indeed he’s done a few for me. He’s a lovely guy to deal with too. Highly
    recommended. 
    brucegill said:
    Looks spot on! 
    Thank you glad you like it
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
    Nice work mate, looks spot on
  • MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    Nice when it all comes together! Looks great.
    www.theflyingacesband.com