Re-amp box recommemdations

What's Hot
Starting to use my Two Notes Torpedo Live more to its potential and play with amp/cab sounds at home, so I'm looking at getting a re-amp box, and therefore recommendations for one.

Looking online the best budget options seem to be the Palmer Daccapo or the Radial ProRMP, but some searching suggest Orchid do one too. I bought their DI box which was excellent value for money, but I can't find anywhere selling the Orchid.

What does the Fretboard hive mind suggest? Does anyone know where the Orchid might be available?

Tim
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1263
    You can buy direct from Orchid. They're a bit old-school, you have to email them and they reply with the PayPal details.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2383
    You can buy direct from Orchid. They're a bit old-school, you have to email them and they reply with the PayPal details.
    Perfect, thank you!
    Tim
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    Orchid is a really good one and probably one of the cheapest around too. 
    Emailed Orchid but they're out of stock and can't build any more for the foreseeable as their suppliers are closed, which is unfortunate but understandable. 

Has anyone got any experience with the Palmer?
    Tim
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1263
    How handy are you with a soldering iron? Guitar & Bass magazine did a DIY build article some years back that included a re-amp box. If you can order the parts it might be an option?

I scanned the article for someone else on here a while back. You can download the scans here ...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    How handy are you with a soldering iron? Guitar & Bass magazine did a DIY build article some years back that included a re-amp box. If you can order the parts it might be an option?

I scanned the article for someone else on here a while back. You can download the scans here ...

About as handy as a toddler, unfortunately. Thank you though, very kind of you to share!

Tim
  • I managed to get second hand RNDI off reverb for re-amping for £150. Worth a look if your budget allows.