• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    edited April 2020
    And a kemper lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    His pinch harmonics in solos always wonderfully executed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    Thanks for sharing.  Skid Row has always been my favorite band from the 80/90s and I always thought Slave and Subhuman Race were one of the finest albums from the time.  

I always loved that solo and Scotti and Dave were my heroes from that time.  And that particular guitar is the reason I like tatty super strats.  I remember thinking that was the coolest thing ever when I saw him in the magazines back then.  He could have played anything but chose to play this beat up guitar with missing pickups.  I never knew what it was but now I do.  And to see the man himself talk though that solo was just brilliant. 
    That’s excellent man , they were/are brilliant must admit debut album is my fave . I used to have the Moscow peace festival on vhs with them on which was great. Got a lot of stuff of theirs on vinyl and CD . Have you seen the new  band Shiraz lane ,their singer has some Seb-ish vocals .

Yes that guitar is ace . Snake had some cool ones too
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    That’s excellent man , they were/are brilliant must admit debut album is my fave . I used to have the Moscow peace festival on vhs with them on which was great. Got a lot of stuff of theirs on vinyl and CD . Have you seen the new  band Shiraz lane ,their singer has some Seb-ish vocals .

Yes that guitar is ace . Snake had some cool ones too
    I saw them first live on the Slave tour back in ‘91 and they blew me away. I have bought all the albums since then even the latest stuff. I have also bought all of Sebs solo stuff which is actually really heavy and I really like it. His personality might not be for everyone lol. 

I saw Skid Row both in London and Glasgow in last few years and they rock just as hard as in ‘91. What I really loved was that they mostly played just one guitar throughout the gig. Scotti played the Pacifica (or similar) that was behind him in the video and Dave played LTD. Nothing fancy just functional and I guess it is to keep costs down for touring. 

I got into Hamers from seeing Scotti and Vernon Reid playing them so they are probably the reason of me having few. 

Dont know that band but will definitely check them out 
    Hamer  are nice guitars I seem to recall some snakeskin pattern chapparel types and those ones with tick/Nike style fret markers. Lovely guitars 
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4087
    Awesome great post.  Loved skid row. 

I lolled that he only had 2 videos on his channel.   
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 582
    I assume the audio was recorded into a DAW and then put into the video, rather than the camera mic picking up the actual THR speaker?

Can anybody confirm?
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1722
    Hamer  are nice guitars I seem to recall some snakeskin pattern chapparel types and those ones with tick/Nike style fret markers. Lovely guitars 
    Like this one you mean? (But with Boomerangs)

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That’s it, great isn’t it 
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    Aerosmith's Joe Perry uses a Blackstar Fly on his tour bus - seen it on his Instagram page.
    longjaw said:
    Aerosmith's Joe Perry uses a Blackstar Fly on his tour bus - seen it on his Instagram page.
    I’ve seen Phil collen using one of def leppard , but seen them using ID core 20s as well
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 849
    Saw Skid Row a few times. First time was at Milton Keynes opening for Bon Jovi in ‘89. Manchester Apollo on their first headline tour (seem to recall the support act as Vain, although that could be another gig). Also at Brum NEC.
    Great band, great guitarists. Always fancied the Spector LPJDC with a Floyd he played on some gigs.
    That was ace vixen and Europe too, all my fave bands. I was living in Peterborough at the time so not far to go . 89 was ace a good year used to get the power hour on television Friday night too
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 849
    All 4 bands were really good. Then Joe Perry & Steven Tyler turning up for the encore was a real cherry on top.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5458
    edited April 2020
    Wasn't there something about Jon Bon Jovi stopping their career early on? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    DiscoStu said:
    I thought Jon and Dave “snake” Sabo were childhood friends and promised that whoever made it first would help the other. IIRC Jon helped Skid Row get a deal. 
    All 4 bands were really good. Then Joe Perry & Steven Tyler turning up for the encore was a real cherry on top.
    I love Aerosmith too they groove so much ,  hope joe is ok ,he had some breathing problems a few years ago 

DiscoStu said:
    I thought Jon and Dave “snake” Sabo were childhood friends and promised that whoever made it first would help the other. IIRC Jon helped Skid Row get a deal. 
    That’s right,  I think he helped Cinderella too , who in turn I think helped tangier? Or was that jovi too