Recording performances at home

What's Hot
KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
edited April 2020 in Studio & Recording
I'm sure many of us are now looking at home amps, Reaper, DAWs or things like Kazoom where you can play along with other people and have some fun.

I have a lot of musician friends who are putting up on footage of themselves, mainly on Fb or YT, playing along to well-known tracks or backing tracks, and I'd love to join in OR/ record myself playing along with a track, ideally with decent visuals as well as decent audio.

Also, I work for a music company and there are a lot of talented musicians there spanning all generes and the people now working from home are putting footage up of them playing upbeat tunes and I'd like to be able to do that or once again, join in separately i.e. add my inclusion, in time, to theres.

Any ideas of either a good and easy way of doing this and preferably, a cheap way? I'm not interested in filming me via a mobile phone with the music coming from another source as I want a good sound balance. If the software, device has inbuilt fx, stuff, fine but ideally, I'll be recording straight off my amp rig and at a decent volume.

Zoom hand held devices or anything like that?

Any ideas?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments