Line 6 Pod Go

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 2620
edited April 10 in FX
I thought this was due out in March & although huge range of prices are appearing on Google, these all seem to be for stock coming in May? 
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 10177
    Not yet, but soon.
    Handsome_Chris said: Like white Nile Rodgers. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 2620
    Could be perfect for my gigging needs.  Assuming we're all ever allowed out to gig again of course! :s
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • I believe first ones have landed with customers over in the US from what I've seen on Facebook, but nothing on this side of the pond yet! 
    Thanks guys
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 16760
    Guy on the Line 6 Pod forum from Germany said he'd been quoted start of June from Thomann. 
     I'm trying to provide a valuable public service here, to prevent this just being another pointless echo-chamber / circle-jerk. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 842
    Guitarguitar quoted late Apr/early May to me 3 weeks ago. I have one on pre-order
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2314
    I was chatting with one of the UK guys earlier and he was saying 3 - 4 weeks if all goes well. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

Twitter  |  Instagram  |  YouTube  |  Facebook  |  Website

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    I was chatting with one of the UK guys earlier and he was saying 3 - 4 weeks if all goes well. 

earlier today?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 1789
    edited April 22
    anyone have any updates for estimated delivery times?

Thomann are currently stating 5-7 weeks on their website,  Andertons (who seem to have the best price) are quoting 31st May.

I'm hearing mid/late May from GuitarGuitar with whom I have a preorder, they can't even tell me how many they are getting.. very frustrating given they're out in the wild in the US already.. but given the state of things in the world... que sera
    My trading feedback

I'm hearing mid/late May from GuitarGuitar with whom I have a preorder, they can't even tell me how many they are getting.. very frustrating given they're out in the wild in the US already.. but given the state of things in the world... que sera
    If i recall there were some serious delays getting the helix out.  Not sure whether to pre-order and keep fingers crossed or wait and see what happens.

edited April 24
    Ive just pre-ordered from Absolute in Poole.  £399. Its not listed currently on their website but customer service were very helpful. They spoke to Yamaha this morning and have been assured of delivery very early in June.

While I don't have any firm dates, what I can say is preorder. There won't be enough to go around on the first 2 shipments at the rate things are going. If you're happy to wait then cool. If you want it sooner rather than later then order it. I had to wait 8 months for my Helix when it was released. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    While I don't have any firm dates, what I can say is preorder. There won't be enough to go around on the first 2 shipments at the rate things are going. If you're happy to wait then cool. If you want it sooner rather than later then order it. I had to wait 8 months for my Helix when it was released. 

The guys stateside are great at keeping the customers in the loop regarding delivery dates of shipments but we seem to be left in the dark.. GuitarGuitar don't even know how many they are getting?

Can you help at all? @rossyamaha ;
    My trading feedback

The guys stateside are great at keeping the customers in the loop regarding delivery dates of shipments but we seem to be left in the dark.. GuitarGuitar don't even know how many they are getting?

Unfortunately not. Although I'm based in the UK I work for the US and the set up is different. In the US we are the distributor. In Europe Yamaha are and although I do work with them I don't get involved in any sales stuff so I'm in the dark as much as everyone else. Beyond the odd bit of info I get in passing which I can pass on. As far as I know they are on the way but obviously down to the current situation things are delayed. Sorry to be crap. If I can get any info I will pass on. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Unfortunately not. Although I'm based in the UK I work for the US and the set up is different. In the US we are the distributor. In Europe Yamaha are and although I do work with them I don't get involved in any sales stuff so I'm in the dark as much as everyone else. Beyond the odd bit of info I get in passing which I can pass on. As far as I know they are on the way but obviously down to the current situation things are delayed. Sorry to be crap. If I can get any info I will pass on. 

i guess that kind of proves my point... wish we a UK version of Frank Ritchotte lol
    My trading feedback

end fo May/June according to Andertons
    My trading feedback

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    edited May 4
    end fo May/June according to Andertons
    Tallies with what I was told by Absolute.  Fingers crossed they get some when the delivery arrives.

be a father's day present at this rate....
    My trading feedback

• LevLev Frets: 215
    Andertons now showing 30th June and Thomann are 6-8 weeks :-(
    Got bored of waiting and went with an LT.
  • I did a few reviews for Line 6... the problem has been the Covid-economy issue, which caused temporary layoffs, reduced production of gear, etc. This is the reason for the delay.
    I hear ya but they're on the second wave of distribution over the pond. Just feels like I'm missing out on the euphoria somewhat.

I did consider an LT too, just these last few days, probably looking at the same listing here as monquixote snaffled, but I had to remind myself that the form factor AND price point were the reason I had to be patient.
    My trading feedback

edited May 13
    For me, LT is too big, too heavy, too expensive, and too complicated with way more in it than I want or need. Of all the current Line 6 offerings, Pod Go is the nearest fit to my needs and budget. The other contender is the Mooer GE300, more expensive but it's way more powerful with its double Sharc chips, and has tone capture. I'm also expecting UK prices to drop once Pod Go comes out so it's going to be interesting to decide which is the best fit. 
  • DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 1535
    edited May 13
    Voxman said:
    For me, LT is too big, too heavy, too expensive, and too complicated with way more in it than I want or need. Of all the current Line 6 offerings, Pod Go is the nearest fit to my needs and budget. The other contender is the Mooer GE300, more expensive but it's way more powerful with its double Sharc chips, and has tone capture. I'm also expecting UK prices to drop once Pod Go comes out so it's going to be interesting to decide which is the best fit. 
    I hear ya but they're on the second wave of distribution over the pond. Just feels like I'm missing out on the euphoria somewhat.

I did consider an LT too, just these last few days, probably looking at the same listing here as monquixote snaffled, but I had to remind myself that the form factor AND price point were the reason I had to be patient.
    How about HX Stomp + 2-button external footswitch + mini-EXP pedal, put together on a small pedal board? 

Slightly less elegant than an all-in-one design, but does the same job and has all the extra functionality of the Stomp should you need it. Plus obviously no waiting around! 
    I hear ya but they're on the second wave of distribution over the pond. 
    I also see people in Asia receiving there's so it does seem that Europe is last on the list, which does feel a bit harsh.  But that's buyers remorse for you.  Ill hand on in there.  Even dug out the old pod hd500 the other day to keep me going

@Dontgiveupyourdayjob ; looks tidy, but no denying the Go looks neater..  more buttons too.
    My trading feedback

In a bit of a dilemma. Whilst there's much to like about Pod Go, there are two major issues for me. First, processing power with its single 32 point chip. It doesn't really have 9 blocks - 3 of the 5 fixed blocks (EQ.Vol,Wah) use up very little DSP hence why you can't swap them for an FX, and I'm not convinced 4 selectable blocks is enough especially when a looper takes up a block.  Second, you have to hit 2 foots-switches simultaneously to toggle between patch and snapshot modes. No issue at home, but it's a right pain live at a gig on a darkened stage.  I wish it was just a bit more powerful with full selectable single switch operation throughout - I'd gladly have paid £100 more.
    From my brief time with the helix I've made several patches which exhaust the processing power of one chain. On the LT you just add the second chain so it's ok but that wouldn't be the case with the POD or stomp.
  • Digital_IglooDigital_Igloo Frets: 292
    edited May 17
    Voxman said:
    In a bit of a dilemma. Whilst there's much to like about Pod Go, there are two major issues for me. First, processing power with its single 32 point chip. It doesn't really have 9 blocks - 3 of the 5 fixed blocks (EQ.Vol,Wah) use up very little DSP hence why you can't swap them for an FX, and I'm not convinced 4 selectable blocks is enough especially when a looper takes up a block.  Second, you have to hit 2 foots-switches simultaneously to toggle between patch and snapshot modes. No issue at home, but it's a right pain live at a gig on a darkened stage.  I wish it was just a bit more powerful with full selectable single switch operation throughout - I'd gladly have paid £100 more.
    Depends on how you have them set up. I stay in Snapshot mode and press Bank ^ OR Bank v (one switch) to queue the same bank. Select a preset and POD Go instantly jumps back to Snapshot mode. You only have to press two switches when first entering Snapshot mode.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group / Line 6