Power Supply for Pedaltrain Metro 16

What's Hot
darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
I've picked up a pedal train Metro 16, what a great sized board it is, it's one of the flat ones and the easy answer to power it is the coiks DC5 or Adam, but that only has 4 or 5 outputs, I was wondering if there was any other options from coik that would fit as the docs on the coiks that had say 6 output as the measurments on the coiks website don't make it clear if it would fit.

Any other PSU's that fit under these boards, don't want the volt battery unit, and I can't find the pedal train spark for sale (that's 5 outputs too though).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Gigrig Generator, Strymon Ojai and Truetone CS6 all fit under a flat pedaltrain with some diall feet from B & Q pushed on the original feet
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    Beexter said:
    Gigrig Generator, Strymon Ojai and Truetone CS6 all fit under a flat pedaltrain with some diall feet from B & Q pushed on the original feet
    yeah, so don't fit under it, I don't want to be modding / messing around, just mount something under the metro 16 and use it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    darcym said:
    Beexter said:
    yeah, so don't fit under it, I don't want to be modding / messing around, just mount something under the metro 16 and use it.
    Take 5 minutes 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9583
    You get a couple of 2x daisy chain cables with the Cioks, and can get more. Easy to power 4 pedals from 2 outputs as long as the current draw of the pedals is within the capability of the Cioks outputs.
    John_A said:
    darcym said:
    Beexter said:
    Take 5 minutes 
    it's not a time thing - I just want to use it stock. 

You get a couple of 2x daisy chain cables with the Cioks, and can get more. Easy to power 4 pedals from 2 outputs as long as the current draw of the pedals is within the capability of the Cioks outputs.
    this seems logical, I got hung up on daisy chaining pedals years ago and have been trying to keep to isolated outputs where possible, but this is a totally fair point to raise.

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    darcym said:
    Beexter said:
    The Gigrig will fit under a flat pedaltrain - google Matt Schofield pedalboard build by Dan of TPS and he shows it being done. The Ojai will too.

I'll leave it at that. 
    Beexter said:
    darcym said:
    Beexter said:
    The Gigrig will fit under a flat pedaltrain - google Matt Schofield pedalboard build by Dan of TPS and he shows it being done. The Ojai will too.

I'll leave it at that. 
    the gigrig didn't fit under my pedal train nano, I've just swapped it out of the nano. The new R300 Strymon looks interesting but £200 is a lot.
    Strymon R300 is superb under the Metro boards, especially if you drill it in properly with the supplied drill template. It's fine with grip lock, but drill it in and it's a really tidy job if anyone was considering getting one.

• JanahanJanahan Frets: 54
    Could be tempted to sell my R300. Let me know if you're interested.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1057
    Cioks dc7
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 795
    darcym said:
    John_A said:
    darcym said:
    Beexter said:
    Take 5 minutes 
    it's not a time thing - I just want to use it stock. 

this seems logical, I got hung up on daisy chaining pedals years ago and have been trying to keep to isolated outputs where possible, but this is a totally fair point to raise.

I’ve been doing this recently with a bigger board, with two drives and a compressor on one 3-way daisychain from a single output on my DC5.

Slightly inelegant I know, but didn’t add any noise that I could hear. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    The Truetone 1Spot CS6 fits and has 6 isolated outputs, with switchable options for 12V or 18V output as well. I'm looking at one for my Nano and that look the best option imo. From pictures online it looks like it doesn't need the PT's feet replacing or anything like that.

https://truetone.com/cs6/
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Cioks dc7
    This is what I have under my Metro 20 but does require drilling to fit the PSU to the board permanently. I’m sure you could do it with Velcro/dual lock though 

How very rock and roll
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    One point about the Cioks stuff that I found disappointing is the power cables that they come with are their own proprietary type, that’s fair enough I guess but the bit that I found annoying was that they are all different lengths. You get a few “standard” type ones but they also send a few that are a lot shorter. It was annoying trying to wire that board above, hence the mess. 
    How very rock and roll
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    One point about the Cioks stuff that I found disappointing is the power cables that they come with are their own proprietary type, that’s fair enough I guess but the bit that I found annoying was that they are all different lengths. You get a few “standard” type ones but they also send a few that are a lot shorter. It was annoying trying to wire that board above, hence the mess. 
    Yep, that's why I dismissed them as an option. Strymon, Voodoo Labs and 1Spot all use the same basic cabling stuff. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited May 2020
    Janahan said:
    Could be tempted to sell my R300. Let me know if you're interested.
    @Janahan ;;Ah man I’ve just bought a new one after posting on here for a WTB R300 thread that had no responses :( 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • JanahanJanahan Frets: 54
    Sorry I didn't see that. Might make you feel better to know I'm likely keeping it now, as with all the pedals I'm selling I'm not likely to need anything with more outputs/power.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited May 2020
    Janahan said:
    Sorry I didn't see that. Might make you feel better to know I'm likely keeping it now, as with all the pedals I'm selling I'm not likely to need anything with more outputs/power.
    I feel better now.  

Damn fine power supply it is too the R300. Powerful and very slim that can fit under any pedalboard I imagine :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • lukemarklukemark Frets: 2
    Can recommend the Strymon Ojai, I use the R30 under a Metro 16. Only has enough clearance as long as you mount it with the screws included rather than velcro though!
  • FaffFaff Frets: 29
    Beexter said:

So do these diall feet just push onto the existing feet? The existing feet look like they are rivited on and not able to unscrew. What diameter did you use? Is it this set?  Diall Black Plastic Leg tip, (Dia)20mm  - or next size up?

Guitarist for...  HEY PIXIES - The UK's most gigantic PIXIES tribute band
    http://www.facebook.com/heypixies
    "We don't actually own any of this gear - we're just looking after it for the next Fretboarder."