Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be a Rickenbacker.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    ICBM said:
    prowla said:

That's a bolt-on neck (Matsumoku, like my Vorg)
    No it's not .

Glued-in neck, not bolt-on or through. A lot of 4001Ss were too.

Ah - 'scuse me...

(Yes, I know about the real Rics - 4000 & 4001S :-) )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    GSPBASSES said:

It just so happens I have a Ricky body, I think I might even have a part built neck somewhere, but it doesn't have the fancy inlays in it. the body is not routed for pickups yet. Most of the Ricky's I've built only have the outline shape of the Ricky but have Fenders shape neck. They also built with a P J pick up configuration, with an East per amp. When I built the Ricky below I made two bodies at the same time, I still have the one left.

What's the scale length on that?
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
    tFB Trader
    prowla said:
    GSPBASSES said:

It just so happens I have a Ricky body, I think I might even have a part built neck somewhere, but it doesn't have the fancy inlays in it. the body is not routed for pickups yet. Most of the Ricky's I've built only have the outline shape of the Ricky but have Fenders shape neck. They also built with a P J pick up configuration, with an East per amp. When I built the Ricky below I made two bodies at the same time, I still have the one left.

That one is 34”, 5 sting 35”

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

GSPBASSES said:
    prowla said:
    GSPBASSES said:

Darn - that's a shame.

tFB Trader
    prowla said
    GSPBASSES said:
    prowla said:
    GSPBASSES said:

Darn - that's a shame.

Why?

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

GSPBASSES said:
    prowla said
    GSPBASSES said:
    prowla said:
    GSPBASSES said:

Darn - that's a shame.

Why?

If it had been Ric-scale (33.25") I would've quite liked it! :-)
    tFB Trader
    Sorry that bass sold many years ago.

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    How big a difference would the scale length make ? 

In the case of the Ric copies, the bridge gets shifted up the body and looks odd.
    GSPBASSES said:
    Sorry that bass sold many years ago.

Sure - I was thinking about the leftover part-done one... :-)
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    prowla said:

In the case of the Ric copies, the bridge gets shifted up the body and looks odd.
    If it looks similar to the pink one in the pics, I wouldn't be too bothered about it. I have some GAS now possibly for the "leftover parts" @GSPBASSES I mean, if I got a Ric style bass build for half the price of a new one, I'd be content! 

He has one or two custom-made fakers.