Help mini humbuckers

GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
in Made in the UK tFB Trader
I’ve never had to rout for mini humbuckers. I‘ve been looking to buy a routing jig I can only find them in America, does anyone know where I could buy some in the UK. 

Is there a standard routing for them  or several different sizes. 

Has anybody got the plans or a PDF file of them that I could buy from you. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    The routed cavity dimensions depend very much on the mounting method. Traditionally, Firebird pickups are suspended from a metal surround, LP Deluxe pickups are suspended through a modified P90 cover which is then connected to the floor of the cavity with a metal plate thing, Johnny Smith pickups are suspended via a bracket - either from the pickguard or around the end of the neck. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
    edited May 2020 tFB Trader
    The routed cavity dimensions depend very much on the mounting method. Traditionally, Firebird pickups are suspended from a metal surround, LP Deluxe pickups are suspended through a modified P90 cover which is then connected to the floor of the cavity with a metal plate thing, Johnny Smith pickups are suspended via a bracket - either from the pickguard or around the end of the neck. 

They going to be mounted on a pickup surround either plastic or metal don’t know what yet.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    Scratch that - just measured a humbucker here and the baseplate is 3mm wider than a mini’s
  • guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 462
    GSPBASSES said:

They going to be mounted on a pickup surround either plastic or metal don’t know what yet.
    The Gibson mini-humbuckers I had were the same size as a soapbar P90, once they were in their pickup surrounds. 

The whole assembly then attached to a metal baseplate attached to the bottom of the pickup cavity. 

I do have a SG with mini-humbuckers incoming next week if you need any pictures/measurements.