S**t got real

What's Hot
Work colleague tests positive. 

My test kit getting delivered today, I have no symptoms but best to check, work colleague showed no symptoms either.

and all of a sudden areas are taped off, only 2 in a van, social distancing signs.. too little too late.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• StavrosStavros Frets: 223
    Hope you’re ok, how come your colleague was tested without symptoms?
    I love my brick
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 2237
    Stavros said:
    His son had symptoms but he has tested negative. It’s a bonkers virus for sure 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 1781
    Stavros said:
    Or the tests don't work? 

Lots of examples of this, it's almost like they were rushed to market by cheap suppliers.  ;)

UK Government bought 3.5m at £10 each and they can't get consistent results in their test lab. 

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 1746
    Fuengi said:
    Stavros said:
    Or the tests don't work? 

Lots of examples of this, it's almost like they were rushed to market by cheap suppliers.  ;)

UK Government bought 3.5m at £10 each and they can't get consistent results in their test lab. 

Is that in addition to the millions of finger prick tests they bought which didn't work?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 15555
    Fuengi said:
    Stavros said:
    Or the tests don't work? 

They don't use stuff unless it is tested and found to be good enough. Same with PPE.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 4717
    thomasw88 said:
    Fuengi said:
    Stavros said:
    Or the tests don't work? 

Is that in addition to the millions of finger prick tests they bought which didn't work?
    That's one incidient, not two.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 1645
    Well I was tested yesterday so fingers crossed results come back Tomorrow 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 7458
    grungebob said:
    Well I was tested yesterday so fingers crossed results come back Tomorrow 

Did you get tested at the Humber Bridge @grungebob ;

My Brother in law got tested there and it took nearly a week for the results to come back. 
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 888
    I assumed a lot of the 100,000 tests were cellophane fish, with "Fortune Telling Fish" crossed out on the packet and "Coronavirus Test" written in in ballpoint. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 3579
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    edited May 23
    @breakstuff i did yes. Was he tested as a key worker?
    In fact just over 32hours later I’ve been emailed my result. I’m clean
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 7458
    grungebob said:

Good result mate. My BIL had the test because his estranged wife wouldn't let him have his kids until she knew for definite that he didn't have the virus. He's got the all clear now so it's all good.

I know there's been a lot of outrage on the local news and social media about the length of time people were waiting for results, so it's good to see they're on top of it now.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    grungebob said:

Good result mate. My BIL had the test because his estranged wife wouldn't let him have his kids until she knew for definite that he didn't have the virus. He's got the all clear now so it's all good.

I know there's been a lot of outrage on the local news and social media about the length of time people were waiting for results, so it's good to see they're on top of it now.

Cool. Thanks. Yeah I was very impressed by the whole operation to be honest.