Shipping pedals overseas (ebay query and advice please)

What's Hot
danodano Frets: 1593
edited June 2014 in FX
I have got a few bits on ebay at the moment and I've had a potential buyer from Portugal asking for postage costs.

Ive not really shipped stuff to Europe before as I am wary of it 'not arriving' and being scammed with a paypal cash back.

any thoughts on this ? whats the best / safest way to ship to europe with proper signed tracked proof of delivery ?

The item is specified as UK only so will that mean ebay automatically will not let him buy it ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Ive shipped loads of pedals abroad. I use royal mails international signed for service so ive always known its arrived. Had no problems at all
    Can't comment on the eBay question as I'm not sure I'm afraid
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    edited June 2014
    Being on the other end of the query (I'm in France) it shouldn't be a problem if you make sure the package is insured and tracked.  In the unlikely event there is a problem it proves you did everything properly.  If you specify UK only there is no obligation to sell to him of course and the 'bay might not let him bid.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9531
    Shipped to Portugal a few times. As has been mentioned, Royal Mail Int Signed for his the best option, amd as now changed so that it can be tracked here AND abroad. My last pedal parcel was sent between £11-14 and got there in about 7 days.
  • MPHMPH Frets: 56
    edited June 2014
    I can only qualify what has already been said by @allicio and @Wazmeister.

'International Tracked' or 'International Tracked & Signed' should be your ticket if you decide to post abroad.  Do not use 'International Standard' as there is no tracking.

Also, make sure you quote including insurance.  The price quoted by @Wazmeister sounds about right. Depends on weight & value really.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    As an example, I sent a Boss bass flanger to France today. Just under 500 grams in weight, £10.15 including £50 insurance and tracked and signed postage.