SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Fender Twin Pro Tube... bargain.

What's Hot
geepers0677geepers0677 Frets: 119
edited September 2013 in Amps £
Right. I am done with amps.
Done, done, done.

I'm tired of lugging them around, I'm tired of plugging pedals into them. I'm tired of not being able to play them at home levels. I'm going all digital - all modelling and I have made up my mind!

So, my loss is going to be someone's gain.

For sale is my Fender Twin Pro Tube amp - circa 1994, made in the USA.
It's 2x12 of awesomeness, switchable between 100 and 25 watts (I haven't been brave enough to go to 100w yet).

Recently serviced at an approved Fender centre in Market Harborough, including full PAT test, and a new reverb valve.

Includes footswitch and amp cover.

I would like this to go quite quickly, as I already know what its replacement is going to be.

Fairly rare, but one of these recently went for £420 on ebay. I'm looking for offers no lower than £380 for a quick sale. Probably the cheapest twin in the UK.

It's heavy so we are really looking at collection from Corby in Northants, either from home or work, so really flexible on collection times.
Worth a drive! Can arrange a demo if you want to come and have a go.

More photos on request, come and get it!

Geepers.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    wow!  That is a indeed a bargain.   If you were closer I'd grab it as a spare for mine.   Great amp at a give away price! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thanks dude, I only paid £450 for it last year so I am not looking to profiteer - would rather price it attractively so it finds a new home - noone can argue with £380! 

:)

Forgot to add, if it helps, I am happy to meet on the M1 - Watford Gap or Leicester Forest East. Or on the A14 within reason... as long as the amp is paid for through paypal in advance!

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    That is a total bargain. The Pro Tube series are great amps.
  • Yup! 

haha, once my mind is made up, I'm on an unstoppable train. I love the amp, but I'm done with the effort :)

• What digital set-up are you going to switch to? :)
  • I'm planning on starting with the Line 6 HD500X, it'll go into some kind of FRFR amp when not just DI'd. Whole rig in two hands, guitar and pod. 

• This is a bad bad place. Hopefully someone will buy this while I prevaricate about it....it would appear I'm going the opposite direction. Since I got an AxeFX II my amp collection keeps growing...
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited September 2013
    I'm planning on starting with the Line 6 HD500X, it'll go into some kind of FRFR amp when not just DI'd. Whole rig in two hands, guitar and pod. 
    I know you've had enough lugging gear about but if you might end-up going for an FRFR amp I'd suggest you try the HD500X with a Mustang III (or IV).
    I know they're not FRFR but I use an HD500 with a III (loop return) and do like very much the sounds I get out of this combination.
    Not only are they light and have XLR outs (the newer v2 versions) but they are quite good in their own right and could be used as backup if you were to ever have a problem with the HD500X. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LOL - you'll be back to the valve side young padawan  :P
  • ddlooping said:
    I'm planning on starting with the Line 6 HD500X, it'll go into some kind of FRFR amp when not just DI'd. Whole rig in two hands, guitar and pod. 
    I know you've had enough lugging gear about but if you might end-up going for an FRFR amp I'd suggest you try the HD500X with a Mustang III (or IV).
    I know they're not FRFR but I use an HD500 with a III (loop return) and do like very much the sounds I get out of this combination.
    Not only are they light and have XLR outs (the newer v2 versions) but they are quite good in their own right and could be used as backup if you were to ever have a problem with the HD500X. :)
    thanks dude, will check that out! I quite like the look of the Line 6 L2t as well :)

• Zodiac51 said:
    LOL - you'll be back to the valve side young padawan  :P
    I am sure you are right. :)

• This is a bad bad place. Hopefully someone will buy this while I prevaricate about it....it would appear I'm going the opposite direction. Since I got an AxeFX II my amp collection keeps growing...
    You know you want it...... ;)

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited September 2013
    thanks dude, will check that out! I quite like the look of the Line 6 L2t as well :)
    They do look good. :)
    They're about 3 times the price of a Mustang III though.  :-S 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    That Twin would be a great amp to plug a Line6 into :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ddlooping said:
    They do look good. :)
    They're about 3 times the price of a Mustang III though.  :-S 
    yeah, was really surprised at the £££ when I checked earlier.

• That Twin would be a great amp to plug a Line6 into :D
    the twin is paying for the hd500x! :)
    well, if someone wants it... 

• Maybe you should buy my HD300 first to see how you like the modelling. Run it into the FX return of the Twin.  Same modelling as the 500x - a bit less flexibility but then with three M5s you have plenty of flexibility already...  :)

• Maybe you should buy my HD300 first to see how you like the modelling. Run it into the FX return of the Twin.  Same modelling as the 500x - a bit less flexibility but then with three M5s you have plenty of flexibility already...  :)

hehe nice try! But I'm definitely after the 500x, the dynamics are awesome and I plan to eventually build the 'dream' rig with the JTV. I've been down this route before, and now for the life of me can't remember why I went back to valves. Probably just got a great deal on one of the amps way back.

• StefBStefB Frets: 2350
    That is a total bargain. The Pro Tube series are great amps.

They are so, but I don't think this Twin is from the same 2001 - 2002 range your erstwhile (and my current) Pro Reverb were from Nick.  The two input jacks being the obvious giveaway. 

Still a tremendous amp at a crazy price though - someone should have bought this by now.

• What is the difference between this and the model that's just called twin amp? They look the same to me. Does it have the 2 footswitchable modes on the clean channel? I think they were green and orange on my old one and then there was the red one for the higher gain channel.

Are the speakers branded fender or jensen?