SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Original Floyd Rose brass sustain blocks (not oversize) £10 each

What's Hot
FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
in Parts £ tFB Trader

Original brass sustain blocks in 42mm, 37mm,32mm (and we have one that has been reduced to 40mm too)

Original Floyd Rose blocks made by Schaller - removed from German made Floyd Rose tremolos when a shorter/longer block or an oversize block has been needed

However if you have a Floyd Rose with the wrong size block on it and this is what will let you use that Floyd Rose or Schaller tremolo  in the guitar you intend to use it in, then it may be the answer to your problem

P&P is about £3 in UK (large letter signed for)

Paypal welcome

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• champ222champ222 Frets: 34
    Ill have one of these, i just need to figure out which size i need
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    I'd like to try a 42 on my charvel JT6 but I'd need to make sure the 3 screws would fit.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    @FelineGuitars Not sure if you got my reply, but I'd like one of the .42 ones, for my Schaller bridge.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    edited August 2020 tFB Trader
    I'd like to try a 42 on my charvel JT6 but I'd need to make sure the 3 screws would fit.
    @bloodandtears We do a special version of the cold rolled steel Fatcat block for the Jackson JT6 designed to fit perfectly

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• No offence mate but at £39 I doubt I'd hear the difference..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• PM’d on the 32mm 
  • prowla said:
    @FelineGuitars Not sure if you got my reply, but I'd like one of the .42 ones, for my Schaller bridge.

That’s one of the best looking strats ,love it 
    tFB Trader
    No offence mate but at £39 I doubt I'd hear the difference..
    You'd HEAR the difference - the price tag doesn't affect your hearing 
    But what you are saying is you don't wish to spend out on a custom made part and that's ok.
    We all have to live within our means.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kipplekipple Frets: 354
    edited September 2020
    Can I buy a 37mm and a 42mm please. Sent you a PM
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

• charvel JT6 … need to make sure the 3 screws would fit.
    They will not. 

The JT-6 baseplate and sustain block adopt a fastening screw spacing all of their own. (30.5mm to the FR’s 34mm.)

No offence, mate, but at £39 I doubt I'd hear the difference.
    You'd HEAR the difference
    I agree. I did a block and saddle upgrade on a Floyd Rose Special. (Kick out the zinc, muthafuckas!) Noticeable improvement. Admittedly, this is difficult to describe in writing.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    edited September 2020
    charvel JT6 … need to make sure the 3 screws would fit.
    They will not. 

The JT-6 baseplate and sustain block adopt a fastening screw spacing all of their own. (30.5mm to the FR’s 34mm.)

No offence, mate, but at £39 I doubt I'd hear the difference.
    You'd HEAR the difference
    I agree. I did a block and saddle upgrade on a Floyd Rose Special. (Kick out the zinc, muthafuckas!) Noticeable improvement. Admittedly, this is difficult to describe in writing.

please try...
    My trading feedback

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @bloodandtears We do a special version of the cold rolled steel Fatcat block for the Jackson JT6 designed to fit perfectly

Would the cold rolled steel block make a difference to a Floyd rose that has the brass block ?

tFB Trader
    kipple said:

Would the cold rolled steel block make a difference to a Floyd rose that has the brass block ?

Absolutely - that is the whole point of them . 
    Brass fattens the mids at the expense of top and bottom response, whilst the steel has a slight fattening effect but keeps the crisp top end and tightens the bass>
    I had an old charvel with a original non fine tuner Floyd that had a steel block and the tone was quite noticeably different which made me have to get some custom blocks made

kipple said:

Absolutely - that is the whole point of them . 
    Brass fattens the mids at the expense of top and bottom response, whilst the steel has a slight fattening effect but keeps the crisp top end and tightens the bass>
    I had an old charvel with a original non fine tuner Floyd that had a steel block and the tone was quite noticeably different which made me have to get some custom blocks made
    I know what you mean about the brass, The oversize brass blocks for my money are even worse and not usually to my liking. I find they really kill the top end and lose a lot of articulation. the sound with the oversize brass blocks seems to be a lot more one dimensional. 

What sizes do you do the steel block in

tFB Trader
    kipple said:
    What sizes do you do the steel block in
    32,37,42 and a couple of oddball ones and custom sizes to special order

• jester22jester22 Frets: 127
    What size would fit my old German floyd in my frankenwolf 
    tFB Trader
    jester22 said:
    What size would fit my old German floyd in my frankenwolf 
    measuring is the way to tell that- measure the depth of the one that is in there, assuming it is the right size

I would like to buy one of the 37 mm steel blocks, I tried your website but I could not see any way of ordering one

edited October 2020 tFB Trader
    kipple said:
    I would like to buy one of the 37 mm steel blocks, I tried your website but I could not see any way of ordering one
    To be found there in the shop under guitar bridges - click below & just choose the 37mm height from the drop down menu

I have one packed and ready if you want to order tonight