Anyone messed with a digital crossover?

Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
Heyy I've spotted cheap DSP crossover on thomann which looks really good for the money.

https://m.thomann.de/gb/the_t.racks_dsp_4x4_mini.htm

I was gonna use it for a hifi stuff at home but then I thought hmmm if I get a di box and a reamp box I could use it as a parametric EQ and dial out nasty frequencies....and then I was thinking when the band gets jamming again we could actually use it to feed the guitars and bass into all the amps....and split off all the low frequencies into the bass rig and move the higher frequencies into the guitar amps. 

It's a little bit overkill but potentially be quite a good solution for small gigs to get the sound tuned to the room a little bit better.

Just wondering if anyone here has thought about or has done something similar?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3098
    Err save your money! I honestly can’t see anything but pain using this, the interface is windows 97 and looks very user unfriendly, the inputs and outputs look to be unbalanced, the usb input is micro usb and it has a wallwart power supply , think it is designed to be set once and forget in a fixed home hifi environment. 
    Useless for live, and all it’s processing power should be available in a VST plug in in the studio
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    Cheers man, I actually downloaded the software and it's pretty straight forward! Just an idea...
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    For that money you could get a used behringer dsp crossover. All the functions you want I.e. filters parametric eq etc. Route signal via 3 in and 6 out. Fairly easy to use from the front panel if you read the manual DCX2496 and see if it appeals. Overall a powerful unit but not sure if the benefits you want will make it all worth the effort.
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    Yeah I think you're right, I thinking of using the thomann device as a little crossover for messing with two amp setups as more of a standalone thing. I think it would be good in a bass rig where you've got one amp running the top end and another the low end. It's just a nice way to experiment with tones. Bit overkill, but could be fun!