Noticed this tape mark - curious as to what the tape was for?

What's Hot
teradaterada Frets: 5113
Hi everyone,

I noticed this tape mark over the central back brace of my 00015. The guitar is superb, but I have not seen this sort of tape mark in this place before.

Anyone seen this sort of thing before? Any thoughts on why it was there?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Frets: 198
    edited May 2020
    deleted
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72317
    Might have been something written on for factory identification purposes that was removed before final boxing up, since it's obviously visible though the soundhole. Pretty careless of them to use a tape with such an obvious residue problem though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TrevinDevonTrevinDevon Frets: 28
    I guess Martin would be the best people to ask.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Thanks for the responses. I am not bothered about it, just curious as to whether it was a normal part of the process.

Maybe one day I'll get in touch with Martin, but in the meantime I'll get back to playing it!  :)
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited June 2020
    Perhaps it was to hold it in place while it was being properly clamped and someone forgot to remove it till it had been on too long and left a mark.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Perhaps it was to hold it in place while it was being properly clamped and someone forgot to remove it till it had been on too long and left a mark.
    Yeah that’s my thought, to hold down the centre while the glue dries.