Gibson/Epiphone toggle switch washer/grommet in the UK

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    edited May 2020 tFB Trader
    Simon - Forgot to add - If you find one then let me know and I'll reimburse you towards the cost of it - Just seen on another forum that they say allparts have them on their site 

But that link from above - I'm not sure that is the real mccoy - maybe @icbm can help on this, but I thought they looked more like this
    Rubber Grommet Bushing for Gibson Toggles
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    I don’t have any, sorry - just a lot of standard ‘poker chip’ type ones.

If I could think of a sensible way of making one smaller...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Thanks Mark @guitars4you dont worry as its a very minor detail, your right though the one in the link is just a pvc sticker in effect, im sure Gibson used more of a cut down poker chip style as @ICBM suggests...

tFB Trader
    I've seen on another forum about this that various players have tried to get one via Gibson, with no joy - Generally more likely to find one on a jazz box - Might be worth trying to contact any jazz box luthiers and see if they use them and can sell you one
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6914
    tFB Trader
    I think I have one of the small rubber ones like in your picture @guitars4you if its (i) what's required and (ii) I can find it you can have it
    tFB Trader
    I think I have one of the small rubber ones like in your picture @guitars4you if its (i) what's required and (ii) I can find it you can have it
    Thanks Steve - update accordingly - It is for @SimpleSimon for a guitar I sold him last week - Thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    It's actually hard plastic, and dished in the centre. Looks like it will do the job though:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/pJpMgD6NTdmh38B96
    It's actually hard plastic, and dished in the centre. Looks like it will do the job though:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/pJpMgD6NTdmh38B96
    Looks just the job Steve, if its available, pm me the details and i will send you bank transer to cover the cost plus postage ;)

tFB Trader
    I don't want payment thanks just DM your address and I'll stick it in the post.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Thanks Steve - I owe you next time we chat/meet - Best wishes and FB comes up trumps again
    Ok thats great. Big thanks to Mark @guitars4you, @ICBM and of course @SteveRobinson ;